RIP Rob Edson

ColdBlueNorth

Do you know what happened? I read he was mowing the lawn-- was not sure if it was a heart attack or what?

In any event, very sad.

I agree JR.

The cause was believed to be a heart attack. He was just 45 years old and knowone is prepped to lose someone early like that. It was obviously a shock to Marrone and in his presser he talked about Rob keeping him grounded and upbeat as he worked to turn the Syracuse program around and what that meant to him. Coaching can be a thankless loney job when you are losing.

At least there was a small silver lining of pulling out that win yesterday and if Marrone continues to shine in the NFL, Mr. Edson played a role in getting him there - not a shabby accomplishment.

Great tribute here, with more detail around Coach Marrone's friendship with him. So tragic.

http://www.syracuse....ml#incart_river

Sounds like a very special couple, Edson and his wife.

I was quite taken aback when Marrone broke down at his post game press conference.

After reading the Post-Standard story, it's easy to understand why.

Wow; the guy was only 45. May he RIP.

Once again we are all reminded to live every day to the fullest, as the only guarantees in this life are death & taxes.

Ironically if you read the story, you'll see that he did live life to the fullest.

Possibly he lived life too fully.

Late nights at work every day, very little sleep, tons of extracurricular activities, socially active.