Get EJ a TE!

Dragonborn10

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

we definitely need a pass catcher type... where is Brandon Kaufman??

Kaufman was released. Don't think he's on any practice squad. I think that they need to bring Dickerson back. I know it was only preseason, but it seemed that EJ and Dickerson had something together.

I was thinking the same thing. Isn't conventional wisdom that you surround a young QB with weapons. Realistically I think we're a year away from a wild card berth. Now maybe I'm crazy but looking at offenses like the Bronco's, Packers, Falcons, etc I was imagining this offense with 1st and 2nd round draft choices in '14 of a big, fast receiver, and a athletic TE. Move Stevie to the slot, the short area quickness possesion guy. With this running game, that would give opposing defenses a lot to think about. It would also be a young offensive corp to develop together. Use the middle rounds to shore up the interior line and the later rounds for corner depth. Yeah I can see light at the end of tunnel.

Edited by billsfan714

TJ Graham is 110% USELESS!

Imagine what this offense would look like with Dickerson and Kaufmann back in the picture.... I said it before, and I'll say it again. -Marrone's final cuts on offense were FAR too deep.

GET EJ SOME FRICKIN' WEAPONS DAMMIT!

TJ Graham is 110% USELESS!

Imagine what this offense would look like with Dickerson and Kaufmann back in the picture.... I said it before, and I'll say it again. -Marrone's final cuts on offense were FAR too deep.

GET EJ SOME FRICKIN' WEAPONS DAMMIT!

Go watch the game again. Graham gets open, and often. E.J. often locks onto Chandler or Fred Jackson when T.J. is wide open. Graham's hands are suspect, and it is likely that our rookie quarterback goes to safer options for that reason. That being said, there is a very good reason that Graham gets significant playing time. If Manuel gets better at going through his progressions and Graham gets better at catching, #11 could be a huge weapon.

He's not "100% useless." Cut the hyperbole.

Two prime examples on the final drive: watch Graham on the short throw to Stevie on the left sideline, where he is open deep if Manuel leads him, and on the pass that Fred Jackson dropped in the middle of the field.

Edited by ny33

Go watch the game again. Graham gets open, and often. E.J. often locks onto Chandler or Fred Jackson when T.J. is wide open. Graham's hands are suspect, and it is likely that our rookie quarterback goes to safer options for that reason. That being said, there is a very good reason that Graham gets significant playing time. If Manuel gets better at going through his progressions and Graham gets better at catching, #11 could be a huge weapon.

Two prime examples on the final drive: watch Graham on the short throw to Stevie on the left sideline, where he is open deep if Manuel leads him, and on the pass that Fred Jackson dropped in the middle of the field.

Hey, you said it yourself.

But IMO, it's more than just bad hands. Graham is scrawny, relatively weak, and simply cannot compete for balls in the air... He can be easily out-muscled, or simply blown off his route by incidental contact. -He's just not NFL material... I have no idea what his supporters could be looking at. I've seen ZERO proof of his ability as a speed/deep-threat WR.

Hey, you said it yourself.

But IMO, it's more than just bad hands. Graham is scrawny, relatively weak, and simply cannot compete for balls in the air... He can be easily out-muscled, or simply blown off his route by incidental contact. -He's just not NFL material... I have no idea what his supporters could be looking at. I've seen ZERO proof of his ability as a speed/deep-threat WR.

You are correct on all fronts. That being said, as E.J. gets quicker with his reads, there is a very good chance that Graham becomes a useful option. He's actually a pretty good route runner and has elite speed, but he really needs to work on many other aspects of his game. I understand if you're bearish on his ability to produce and get better, but Graham does have some key skills that might lead to his contributing.

graham is trash

he graded out as the worst receiver in the entire nfl last year by pro football focus i think it was

woods is emerging as a nice compliment to johnson but they still need something else

chandler/graham/easley/whoever gives them nothing

Yep. I don't think Manuel has confidence in Graham. Graham will have to earn it. If Graham was wide open on the last play, Manuel still would have forced it to a covered S. Johnson rather than risk putting the balance of the game in the hands of Graham.

Manuel is still developing, and I don't know that even if he HAD a complete set of WR's and a TE, that he is quite capable of utilizing them all yet. Let the pot stew for a bit. Most of these guys are still learning, and the curve is really steep. All these guys have to go through the trials and tribulations that make up a pro. Hopefully the Bills will continue to win while the new guys learn the ropes.

Edited by Marauder'sMicro

Jared Cook (5year 35 mil), Martellus Bennett (4year 20 mil), and Brandon Myers ( 1 year 2.25 mil) were all free agents , I don't remember much fan outcry to get a TE in fact when brought it up the responses I remember were "Chandler is good enough and Marron's offense doesn't depend heavily on TEs"- the weird thing is that the Bills will usually give the Fans what they want if they ask loud enough and long enough (new QB, bigger tougher lines, speed at LB or WR) but generally speaking it seems most Bills fans are very very careful of spending the Bills money.