Eary predictions for next year.

Mind if I quote you on that, with some minor spelling changes? :w00t:

206763[/snapback]

I'd wait and see how our schedule shakes out. If we open with some cupcakes, catch some good teams at midseason in Buffalo, and close with some average-to-weak teams that are just playing out the string, it could go really well for us.

We've seen that Bledsoe's level of play, like a kicker's, tends to vary widely depending on his confidence.

I'd wait and see how our schedule shakes out.  If we open with some cupcakes, catch some good teams at midseason in Buffalo, and close with some average-to-weak teams that are just playing out the string, it could go really well for us.

We've seen that Bledsoe's level of play, like a kicker's, tends to vary widely depending on his confidence.

206770[/snapback]

So what was his excuse in that final game? He should have been feeling like Joe Montana out there.

hell they could have had Jeff Blake and drafted a better QB the year they got Bledsoe> So I should ahve said GETTING Bledsoe was *the* mistake.

206755[/snapback]

Who could they have drafted? 2 QBs (Carr & Harrington) were picked before we drafted. The other QBs in that draft were Ramsey (1) -picked before we picked in 2nd & still a ?, Josh McCown (3), David Garrard (4), Rohan Davey (4), Randy Fasani (5)-he spent a few weeks on our practice squad, Kurt Kittner (5), Brandon Doman (5)-see Fasani, Craig Nail (5), JT O'Sullivan (6), Seth Burford (7), Jeff Kelly(7), Ronald Curry (7), Wes Pate (7),

Lots of pro bowlers in this group.

So what was his excuse in that final game? He should have been feeling like Joe Montana out there.

206773[/snapback]

Did he have confidence he could win against a good team? Maybe (probably) not. Once it looked like the Steelers came to play, he lost it. I never said his level of comfort stayed the same from game beginning to end.

Take a look at Roethlisberger today. He had a horrible game and almost cost them the win. But they won. IOW it's a TEAM game. The Bills played like shiite against the Steelers AS A TEAM in week 17. Like I said, I'm still disgusted by that performance because I thought at least SOME part of the team would have shown up.

Certaily we all should feel free to make predictions and I'm glad to see that like me you realize they are way out on a limb and totally baseless right now, but the prediction seems to say more about the predictor than the team you are predicting on.

I think right now the predictions actually say whether the predictor is a:

Mindless optimist- 16-0

Hopeful optimist- 12-4

Careful optimist- 10-6 but we make the playoffs

Whiner- 8-8

Brutal pessimist- Losing record

Its way before the season so everyone is 0-0. Quite frankly I think the brutal pessimist has a lot more to say for their views than the whiners.

I generally tend to be an optimist amd I'm somewhere between hopeful and careful right now.

Certaily we all should feel free to make predictions and I'm glad to see that like me you realize they are way out on a limb and totally baseless right now, but the prediction seems to say more about the predictor than the team you are predicting on.

I think right now the predictions actually say whether the predictor is a:

Mindless optimist- 16-0

Hopeful optimist- 12-4

Careful optimist- 10-6 but we make the playoffs

Whiner- 8-8

Brutal pessimist- Losing record

Its way before the season so everyone is 0-0.  Quite frankly I think the brutal pessimist has a lot more to say for their views than the whiners.

I generally tend to be an optimist amd I'm somewhere between hopeful and careful right now.

206796[/snapback]

Ouch! Now that hurt, Tolstoy.

Whiner?

Realist.

Why should I expect anything else? This team does NOTHING but choke.

It's infuriating.

206720[/snapback]

well go find another team than since it is obvious from your posts that the Bills suck and will always suck. Lets see if you can create the new record for posting the same crap over and over again

well go find another team than since it is obvious from your posts that the Bills suck and will always suck.   Lets see if you can create the new record for posting the same crap over and over again

206810[/snapback]

or, as an alternative you could put me on ignore.

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

My opinion's just as right as yours, smart guy. How's THIS for a solution:

BUILD A TEAM THAT WINS AND DOESN'T CHOKE.

Who is on the schedule next year?

Miami - 2x Gonna take awhile for Nickey Lou Saban Jr. to get things moving. Let's see if they can patch a line together, along with some real RBs, QBs.

New England - 2x Even without Tubsy @ OC, Dillon ran well, line is good, Brady knows the game. If they don't have injuries destroying their secondary, this will once again be a very formidable team. Don't forget that Looney Toons in the grey sweatshirt is giving Bledsoe nightmares.

NY Jets - 2x As long as Hermie Edwards is the coach, I think the Bills can stay in any game with the Jets. Pennington doesn't scare anyone. Defense isn't too shabby though.

also vs Denver @ home. Shanahan always seems to have a decent team. The KC Chefs.....should be some scoring there. The Michael Vick Experience makes a trek to Orchard Park. The Carolina Panthers......and I believe it is Jacksonville as well?

On the road....travel to Oakland again........travel to Cincinnati I believe......again.......travel to San Diego, New Orleans and Tampa Bay.

Who is on the schedule next year?

Miami - 2x    Gonna take awhile for Nickey Lou Saban Jr. to get things moving.  Let's see if they can patch a line together, along with some real RBs, QBs.

New England - 2x  Even without Tubsy @ OC, Dillon ran well, line is good, Brady knows the game.  If they don't have injuries destroying their secondary, this will once again be a very formidable team.  Don't forget that Looney Toons in the grey sweatshirt is giving Bledsoe nightmares.

NY Jets - 2x  As long as Hermie Edwards is the coach, I think the Bills can stay in any game with the Jets.  Pennington doesn't scare anyone.  Defense isn't too shabby though.

also vs Denver @ home.  Shanahan always seems to have a decent team.  The KC Chefs.....should be some scoring there.  The Michael Vick Experience makes a trek to Orchard Park.  The Carolina Panthers......and I believe it is Jacksonville as well?

On the road....travel to Oakland again........travel to Cincinnati I believe......again.......travel to San Diego, New Orleans and Tampa Bay.

206834[/snapback]

No reason to expect anything less than 16-0, we're better than all those teams :w00t:

I'll give these ridiculous early predictions a shot:

Fins, home: W

Fins, away: W

Jets, home: W

Jets, away: L

Pats, home: L

Pats, away: L

Broncos, home: W

Chiefs, home: W

Falcons, home: L

Panthers, home: W

Texans, home: W

Bucs, away: W

Chargers, away: L

Saints, away: W

Raiders, away: W

Bengals, away: W

11-5. Hmm, seems way too optimistic for me...

I'm going WAAAAAY out on a limb, I know, but our "heroes" are destined for a .500ish season again next year. No way we beat either the Pats or Jets next year.

As an aside...Squeelers aren't making it to the Bowl.

206705[/snapback]

My, pessimistic, aren't we! My optimistic outlook is for 10-11 wins next season, but I'll wait a few months to firm that up.