Yup, Bobby Valentine is Still a Dick

Alaska Darin

The only problem is that he is right.
JR-does it matter 12 years later that the Mets were more visible than the Yankees during the 10 days after the attacks? Valentine is and always will be a self serving attention whore with an ego the size of New York. He can't take it that sans a horrible a year with the Red Sox he has been irrevlevant everywhere but Japan for a decade. Why bring this up on this day? Why harbor such mis-focused selfish ill feelings about an event that should serve to unite us? Its inappropriate beyond belief. Edited by JoeF

JR-does it matter 12 years later that the Mets were more visible than the Yankees during the 10 days after the attacks?

Which is mostly because the Yankees were in Chicago on 9/11 and were grounded there for days after, then had a seven game road trip when baseball resumed.

Again, Valentine is a dick.

Just saw this.

I am a Mets fan - but grew up in a Yankees household.

For this reason, I have always had a love for both teams. The Mets are "my team," but I root for the Yankees unless they're playing each other.

Bobby Valentine has always been my favorite Mets manager. Hands down. Yep ... loved him even more than Davey Johnson (not much more, though).

I will second the O.P.'s emotion on this one. Total dickhead move to say what he said. It's dickish to say it on ANY day. But to say it on September 11th shows a lack of class I'd never have thought I'd see out of Valentine.

I don't believe Valentine is one who says anything without thought. This troubles me even more.

Not that it matters to him, but I lost a ton of respect for him today.