Bills would have won vs. SD and Pitt

Unbelievable........you have two - TWO - shots to make ONE friggin field goal to win a playoff game on the road......and you choke both times.........

It's possible that if the Bills played the Steelers again, the results would be different, but they had their chance and blew it. I'm not going to worry about what could have been.

I did not see the game, but looking at the stats from the game, the Steelers outgained the Jets big time, especially on the ground. They were virtually even through the air. Roethisberger gave up two costly interceptions and a punt return for a TD. Otherwise the game might not have been so close. I think during the regular season it was easier for the Steelers to protect Roethlisberger with a very conservative offence. In this game, he attempted more passes than he normally did during the regular season. It may be that with a little more exposure, the Jets were able to take advantage of some rookie tendencies.

It's possible that if the Bills played the Steelers again, the results would  be different, but they had their chance and blew it.  I'm not going to worry about what could have been.

I did not see the game, but looking at the stats from the game, the Steelers outgained the Jets big time, especially on the ground.  They were virtually even through the air.  Roethisberger gave up two costly interceptions and a punt return for a TD.  Otherwise the game might not have been so close.  I think during the regular season it was easier for the Steelers to protect Roethlisberger with a very conservative offence.  In this game, he attempted more passes than he normally did during the regular season.  It may be that with a little more exposure, the Jets were able to take advantage of some rookie tendencies.

206919[/snapback]

The reality is, the Jets almost beat them despite the fact that the offense contributed three points. Inthe world of Drew Bledsoe, that is unacceptable. But one field goal yesterday and the Jets would be in the AFC Championship game and I doubt a Jet fan in the world would give a rat's ass about how they got there.

Alternately, though, we got a chance to see just how OVERRATED Ben really is at this early stage of his career. Is he good. Of course. Will he get better? No question.

But I will maintain that had we faced him in our last game instead of Maddox, he would have contributed to our victory over the Steelers.