It Gets a Little Old Losing Close Games

thecoz77

I kept telling my wife that we are leaving New England too much time to go and kick a field goal. This crap always gets old. A loss is a loss and this one hurts due to it being a divisional foe. There isn't any moral victory in a loss. Teams that talk about moral victories are losing franchises. Our coach cost us the game today by not managing the clock, sticking with spiller, etc... And Stevie helped us lose too. Yes, it's been old for over a decade

We beat the spread by 8 points.

I guess you'd rather they go out there and roll over when they got down 10-0. You had a rookie coaching staff with a rookie QB. It doesn't always happen right away. I know it's been a long road for us fans and there have been plenty of false optimism in the past, but I choose to remain positive. The offense looked good for the most part. EJ wasn't scared and if SJ could focus and catch the ball it might have been different. On defense they played a lot more physical than I've seen in a while. Without their two best DBs they kept the Bills in the game. It would have been nice to get the stop on that final drive, but how many defenses have given up a game winning drive to Brady? A lot.

I guess you'd rather they go out there and roll over when they got down 10-0. You had a rookie coaching staff with a rookie QB. It doesn't always happen right away. I know it's been a long road for us fans and there have been plenty of false optimism in the past, but I choose to remain positive. The offense looked good for the most part. EJ wasn't scared and if SJ could focus and catch the ball it might have been different. On defense they played a lot more physical than I've seen in a while. Without their two best DBs they kept the Bills in the game. It would have been nice to get the stop on that final drive, but how many defenses have given up a game winning drive to Brady? A lot.

Good post. Totally agree.

I'd rather they go out and actually win a game that's there for the taking. Stop the penalties. Stop the mistakes. Coach the game better. Stop the damn small white WR for the Patriots. Pick a QB, pick a coach, pick a player that chokes at any time over the last 13 years and it's the same ending. Only the names and the year change. It's not different. It's the same. They win that game today and it's an entirely different story. All Patriots fans are saying is they played like garbage today, not that the Bills were any good and yet they still won. For it to truly change, the outcome on the scoreboard has to be different.

Doesn't it? I wish we sucked to the point of blowouts, but we suck to the point of last minute losses. This is mind numbing.

Even though I knew it was coming, it still sucks just the same, at 10-0 down I felt more OK than I do right now.

Even though I knew it was coming, it still sucks just the same, at 10-0 down I felt more OK than I do right now.

Precisely. And then off to the grocery store, and see multiple Brady jerseys to rub it in (I live in the south, so the fairweather fans are always out en masse)

Well, it's 6:45pm EST, and im over it, so that loss took about 2.5 hours to recover from.

Rookie QB, coach, and offensive coordinator--losing at home to a division rival by 2 points.

Next weeks game is more of a litmus test, in my opinion.

If we can beat the panthers at home, maybe we do have a wildcard run in us.