Transcript of Marrone's conference call with Boston media

Beerball

Oh, my gawd for word choice he sounds like he's channeling the hoodie sometimes.

Q: When you look at the Patriots, what do you see as the key offensively to attack?

A: I think it’s very difficult. You have to have a good balance. They do such a great job. Coach (Bill) Belichick and Coach (Matt) Patricia are very good coaches along with the rest of the defensive staff. Schematically they do a great job putting their players in position to make plays and they have good players. I think it’s very difficult and I think it’s a great challenge for us.

Q: Is there a sense of the unknown with the Patriots offense?

A: The one thing I do know, there is a known, is that they’re good. They’ll be good at whatever they may do. That’s what the challenge is: you go in there, and I think most games early on, strategically, whether you’re looking at us or looking at them or looking at the rest of the games around the league, early on you’ll see what teams are trying to accomplish or how they’re trying to attack you. You’ll see the adjustments.

Totally non-controversial. No bulletin board fodder there.

I do like how he dealt with all the Patriot*-centric questions about "focus on narrowing the gap between (everyone else in the division) and the Patriots" and "How much is your approach to building your roster with the thought of beating the Patriots?"