Tuel's College Coach Curious to See Him Start

I like Tuel too, but people tend to forget, Trent Edwards was a pre-season phenom his rookie season. Not trying to rationalize anything (maybe a little) but as I recall, that is why so many thought Trent had "it" when he came in for his first regular season appearance for JP, and led them right down the field, for a field goal, as I recall. He played just well enough, for a few more weeks to think that his pre-season performaces were going to start to translate in the "real" games...it just didn't work out that way, for whatever reason.

Trent looked good in the regular season as well, people seem to forget. Trent didn't look good after Adrian Wilson crushed him like a soda can.

"I know he's a good general, but is he lucky?" - Napoleon

Or, as dirty harry used to say...."Are you feeling lucky..punk?" Actually the little I've seen of the guy he looked better than Kolb. Now take being thrust into a first regular season game with only one pre-season game with the first team, and the odds have to be against him. But what the hell..David beat Goliath didn't he? Game strategy...eat the clock...run the ball...slow it down...keep NE offense off the field. Play two tight ends and occasionally have a blocking fullback in there. Special teams have to play balls to the wall.

This is the stuff legends are made of. Can you imagine him starting the first game and betting Brady? It would be like Francis Ouimet winning the US Open!

We all would love to see that. But I didn't know Brady played Safety or Corner.

If he starts and the Bills win it won't be him that beats Brady or New England. It would only come because his supporting staff came up big. Jackson providing extra effort to chip a pass rusher, the line bottling things up in front of the pocket, receivers coming back, or a TE sustaining a block more than he usually would....and the D would have to step up big and hold NE to under 30 points....and some luck like ST turnovers putting the offense in excellent field position.

A QB never beats another QB. Why do people say its QB vs QB? That's always been something that drives me up the wall.

Then we'd have ourselves an early season QB controversy! Which might not be a bad problem to have.

Edited by UncleMonkeyHead

Tuel's coach sounds like an :censored: ! Give the kid a chance, he's played well enough in the preseason and looks like he has taken to Hacketts offense. He's a bright kid and sounds like he has some great leadership skills. I'm glad he's a Buffalo Bill and I have no problem if he does start week 1 against the Patsies! Imagine if he ends up lighting them up?! I don't think you'll hear those haters any more!

GO BUFFALO!

I was (slightly) encouraged by the following quote from the article:

[Leach] also said he believed Tuel had more upside than Matt Leinart and Thad Lewis,

I'll grant that's faint praise. But I'd rather hear that than the opposite.