Top Cowbell Songs

Respect the cowbell! Here's, on top of my head, the best all-time songs that feature, the cowbell. Now I'm not a music buff so I'm askin' for y'all to chip in and built the all-time best-song-that-feature-cowbell list.

Here's my contribution:

- Don't fear the reaper, BOC: No explaining needed here.

- Groove is in the heart, Deee-Lite: Okay theres just like 3 seconds worth of cowbell but the song just wouldnt be the same without.

- Push it, Salt N Peppa. A classic. I'm sure the producer who worked on the track was a Bruce Dickinson clone.

Now let's hear about yours....

Marc, under the weather, in Montréal

Go Bills!

As much as I had to perpetuate this stupid cowbell thing (what's that all about anyway? - don't answer)

Honky Tonk Woman, American Band, and Mississippi Queen are probably 'The Big Three'.

It's pretty sad if you need a silly in-joke about cowbells to make you think you're part of some elite TBD fraternity. Does it make you feel like you're part of the cool all-knowing crowd?

Don't the work week pocket protectors and the gameday face paint make a loud enough statement on their own?

What, are you looking for the particular measure?  Listen carefully...

205531[/snapback]

f-cking a...

now, in between stopping for a 12 pack, taking my dog for a walk and picking up my laundry tonight, Im gonna have to dig out that song and listen for a cowbell?

rough life I lead...

f-cking a...

now, in between stopping for a 12 pack, taking my dog for a walk and picking up my laundry tonight, Im gonna have to dig out that song and listen for a cowbell?

rough life I lead...

205537[/snapback]

Don't you have an IPod? Nothing more than a couple of clicks, baby.

Don't you have an IPod?  Nothing more than a couple of clicks, baby.

205542[/snapback]

I usually keep the iPod hooked up to my home stereo system...

At work, I use my cell phone.

I have a nokia 6800. Work got it for me because i often have to send e-mails at all times of day, no matter where I am... and it has a full keyboard. Anyway, an added bonus is it has an FM radio built in...

but tonight, I will look on the iPod, see if its on there (don't think i added it, can't listen to it more than once a year)... :lol:

Respect the cowbell! Here's, on top of my head, the best all-time songs that feature, the cowbell. Now I'm not a music buff so I'm askin' for y'all to chip in and built the all-time best-song-that-feature-cowbell list.

Here's my contribution:

- Don't fear the reaper, BOC: No explaining needed here.

- Groove is in the heart, Deee-Lite: Okay theres just like 3 seconds worth of cowbell but the song just wouldnt be the same without.

- Push it, Salt N Peppa. A classic. I'm sure the producer who worked on the track was a Bruce Dickinson clone.

Now let's hear about yours....

Marc, under the weather, in Montréal

Go Bills!

205468[/snapback]

here's the big list:

http://www.geekspeakweekly.com/cowbell/data_search.pl

"It's pretty sad if you need a silly in-joke about cowbells to make you think you're part of some elite TBD fraternity. Does it make you feel like you're part of the cool all-knowing crowd?"

Awnser : YES! I am cool! Im am loved here, I'm am part of the elite. I'm part of the all-knowing crowd. It's no wonder I've made 100 posts in 4 years!

Marc in Montréal