Enough QB talk, how about Goodwin!

Forget what you read about in camp. What, he had good routes against Brooks, Rogers, and McKelvin? Please.

Camp is useless for evaluating anything but the basics, it's completely useless in evaluating how they'll play against starting NFL competition, particularly since we don't even have good starting NFL competition on our roster for D except for a few players. And let's not forget, Mario's got a boo-boo.

Actually we were pretty solid against the pass last year, tied for 9th in passing allowed, Granted, Byrd is out, but Gilmore, Kyle and Mario are all studs. I predict those four will all make the pro bowl this year, and Alonzo getting a legit shot at defensive rookie of the year. For you to say we don't have starting NFL competition on our D roster is ridiculous.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually we were pretty solid against the pass last year, tied for 9th in passing allowed, Granted, Byrd is out, but Gilmore, Kyle and Mario are all studs. I predict those four will all make the pro bowl this year, and Alonzo getting a legit shot at defensive rookie of the year. For you to say we don't have starting NFL competition on our D roster is ridiculous.

Unfortunately, I think that Kyle Williams is no longer going to play at a Pro Bowl level.

Hell Mack Brown flat out said he is a football guy that was good enough to be great at track. And I am sorry if I have a shot at the Olympics then football or anything else goes on the Back Burner.

Unfortunately, I think that Kyle Williams is no longer going to play at a Pro Bowl level.

Two ankle surgeries and how he regressed some last year, I would have to agree.

Very disappointed with Goodwin. because of his blazing speed my high end HD flat screen was a blur during his 107 yard runback.

Are we going to have to put up with this all year?

i know you were joking but.....

its on like a mofo :)

Watch his QB in those two videos. Right there you have some explanation as to why passing stats were limited. He was also a 2-sport guy. Goodwin may not end up being a high volume receiver, but he has the potential to be a huge component in terms of how the Bills want to defeat defenses.

The Bills are putting together a nice BLEND of talent on offense. It all fits together.

It's going to work if they coach it right.

Get excited. Gonna be a fun year watching it all develop. I can't wait!

I think if Chan's offense can score points with Fitz Hatchett's scheme and these fast players he has to work with we should be able to outscore Brady...

I hope

He's got a lot of ability and he's been a busy kid. He won the Campbell Trophy, which means he is as smart as he is fast (ok, maybe not THAT smart) and he is now going to dedicate all his time to one sport. He was easily worth a 3rd rounder if he can stay healthy. He's already a better receiver than Hall or Hester.

I heard he was nominated but no winner is listed for 2013 yet, even on official trophy website.

Search for Goodwin there:

http://www.footballfoundation.org/Search.aspx?q=%22Marquise%20Goodwin%20%22

Marquise Goodwin – NFF Scholar-Athlete Of The Day, Presented By Fidelity Investments

http://www.footballfoundation.org/News/NewsDetail/tabid/567/Article/53399/marquise-goodwin-nff-scholar-athlete-of-the-day-presented-by-fidelity-investmen.aspx

Announcement of 2013 Campbell Trophy Semifinalists

Where

Irving, Texas

When

Time

11:00 AM (10:00 AM Central Daylight Time)

Overview

The NFF will announce via press release the 2013 candidates for the William V. Campbell Trophy.

Barnett Jones, OL for St Louis Rams won in 2012. You might recognize some of the other names including Peyton Manning and Tim Tebow.

He was a 2012 NFF NATIONAL SCHOLAR-ATHLETE AWARDS CANDIDATE (football bowl subdivision).

http://www.footballfoundation.org/News/NewsDetail/tabid/567/Article/52688/147-student-athletes-named-semifinalists-for-national-football-foundations-will.aspx

How do you reasonably expect him to grow at WR with no more preseason reps. Should we just sit EJ till week one too?

Nah, Sit EJ week 4 of the pre-seaze... No more KR for Goodwin. IMO. it's too high-risk/low reward to justify. I'm not totally against tossing him a couple slants vs. MIN, -maybe refining his route running.

Nah, Sit EJ week 4 of the pre-seaze... No more KR for Goodwin. IMO. it's too high-risk/low reward to justify. I'm not totally against tossing him a couple slants vs. MIN, -maybe refining his route running.

Maybe his limited role on offence was just because they don't wanna show the really good stuff in pre season. I mentioned before how fun it will be to see him run end arounds.

Something I didn't like, I swear I saw him on either a kickoff or punt team. If he gets hurt making a special teams tackle in the pre season I'm going to puke.

I think there is a difference between a "track star" player, which just means he's fast, and an actual Olympic athlete, which means he has world-class preparation in addition to his speed. It's pretty cool that Goodwin is the latter, and that he's now focused on football 100%.

I think there is a difference between a "track star" player, which just means he's fast, and an actual Olympic athlete, which means he has world-class preparation in addition to his speed. It's pretty cool that Goodwin is the latter, and that he's now focused on football 100%.

This is true.

James Lofton still runs senior track and he's nationally ranked. He's an elite athlete for his age.

However when he ran the obstacle course against Renaldo Nehemiah in The Superstars competition, he got his doors blown off.

It's an entirely different scale, Olympic track athlete vs Fast Football Player.

This is true.

James Lofton still runs senior track and he's nationally ranked. He's an elite athlete for his age.

However when he ran the obstacle course against Renaldo Nehemiah in The Superstars competition, he got his doors blown off.

It's an entirely different scale, Olympic track athlete vs Fast Football Player.

You made me go look up Nehemiah. I see he was one of those guys really screwed by the politics of the time and the boycotts. That always seemed sad to me given that the Olympics should be a time to put aside the disagreements and come together to play. These athletes have a short window of greatness that they can never climb their way back into.

And that is cool about Lofton. I was always happy that he ended up a Bill.

This is true.

I like that he has some toughness to him. Marquise will take a hit. He'll deliver one to.