Interview suggestions?

Not a waste at all. Best case you knock their socks off and they waive the requirement. Worst case you gain experience for the next interview. Mention that you are planning to enroll in an online program and working on your degree ( you need to do this and not lie).

Bring up in the interview that you are successful in your position and could be successful with the promotion. Mention that there are examples within your own company of people being successful without a degree. This is a tough situation but it is not an unnavigable one.

I will consider this. I'll get back to everyone. Thanks.

Perfect example. I met a woman with $500k in student loan debt. She had a doctorate in some phoney baloney field. She's being offered jobs at $40k. :w00t:

that's puny money. i make more than that already. The position i seek would be about 84k. company car. The whole schebang pretty much.

Good luck, man.

Thanks Gug.

How long have you been working there? If it's been a number of years tell them to stick their BA up their ass! I've been with my firm for 12 years and have been a Regional VP for almost 5 years with an Associates Degree in Culinary Arts. Your college degree has zero to do with how well you perform at your position especially when it comes to managing people.

That's cause you're Food Guy.

http://www.eatmedaily.com/2009/04/the-food-guy-from-how-i-met-your-mother-video/

Go to the interview! Be in charge by gaining all the exposure you can get!!!

I think they wanted to shut me up for a bit. They gave me an 8% raise.

Maybe since that one regional doesnt have a degree, they may be scared of a lawsuit.

Oh well, I took it for now. I'll bite them later. It's shark week.