Saw AmericanaramA tour last night in Camden NJ

The Poojer

why have i waited so long to check out My Morning Jacket? They are an amazing live act. Would never have expected that kind of energy from Jim James. Wilco, this is my second straight year seeing them. I am trying to warm up to them, I know I am late to the game. They started kind of slowly but they progressed as the evening went on and it was a very very very good set. Bob Dylan was third up and I was really looking forward to seeing him for the first time. His voice was horrible, he was very froggy and it was almost unlistenable. I know people will joke that that is Dylan at his best, but his voice was just shot, i was very disappointed. Ryan Bingham opened the show, but thanks to 8" of rain falling on Philly/Camden in a couple hours, I missed him.

It was a culmination of a great weekend of music highlighted by sets by Trampled by Turtles, John Butler Trio, Dr. John, Last Bison, Kopecky Family Band, Phosphorescent, Lord Huron & Justin Townes Earle to name a few. I just love live music and I got my fill this weekend.

I've heard the last few tours Dylan has deteriorated to the point that some of the songs are bordering on unidentifiable based on the vocal tracks. It's a shame. I'm curious if its a case of needing money, or not getting accurate feedback on the quality of the show or just not knowing what to do without being an icon on stage... It seems, atleast with regards to his live show, the career is done.

The rest of the lineup for this tour is great though and would be worth the price of admission without bob, so I guess it's a good way for many to say farewell to him and hello to some great bands that will stand the test of time.

MMJ is solid - saw them back in 07 at Bonnaroo for a late night set - ive been a convert ever since, Jim James brings it man!

and yea, saw Dylan a couple years ago, voice was shot then too - like you mentioned though, he never had a great voice, but its pretty pitiful right now

I had the great pleasure of seeing a band called "Bonerama" this past week down in Delaware - they are a new orleans brass band, and they jam, they were incredible - I cannot recommend them enough, and knowing your musical tastes Pooj, I think they will be right up your alley! check em out and let me know what you think!

MMJ is solid - saw them back in 07 at Bonnaroo for a late night set - ive been a convert ever since, Jim James brings it man!

and yea, saw Dylan a couple years ago, voice was shot then too - like you mentioned though, he never had a great voice, but its pretty pitiful right now

I had the great pleasure of seeing a band called "Bonerama" this past week down in Delaware - they are a new orleans brass band, and they jam, they were incredible - I cannot recommend them enough, and knowing your musical tastes Pooj, I think they will be right up your alley! check em out and let me know what you think!

Ill lend an endorsement - not my favorite brass but very good. See them often around these parts. Still looking forward to the trombone shorty reviews that should be coming pretty soon.

Saw it in Maryland. First time I'd seen MMJ live. Jim James is a good entertainer. I liked the songs I know, but struggled with the unfamiliar ones. I'm a huge Wilco fan, but they're at their best over a two to three hour concert, when they could blend in all their different albums, changing rhythms and styles. However, I was glad they did a bunch of "old" favorites like Passenger Side but disappointed they didn't play with MMJ or a special guest.

First time I had seen Dylan. I'm a big fan, and really like the "recent" Modern Times, but Dylan was unlistenable. It was painful and we didn't even stay until the end. Someone said we would miss "Blowing in the Wind," but I replied, "How would you know?" He never touched a guitar.

What's worse is Dylan stood back stage, sometimes behind the piano, barely lit. I'm not sure I saw his face. It could have been some random guy growling into the mike. Disappointing. I guess I'm about 20 years too late.