do you have a masters degree?

Not that your answer really impacts my thoughts on it but how old are you, or how far into your career are you? Also what industry? I haven't been faced with the need for an MBA in my working career, but again, I really don't have aspirations to grow into something with a title, I simply want to be good at my job and be the go to person when people need to get stuff done, that has served me well so far. I do not want to be a manager, sr. manager, vp etc....i am happy in my non-descript worker bee roll. I would however like to go back to school for degree or certificate programs just to learn, but it has nothing to do with climbing the corporate ladder....

I know you already know this, but you're in the PERFECT city to continue an education if you so desired. I can't even tell you how much I loved hitting the SEPTA train each day that took me right to the front door of Temple U. Unbelievably fulfilling educational experience at that university, but of course the options are endless in Philly. I actually took one of the first online courses that Temple ever offered (1998), so I'm sure they have a solid online component to their course options. Even though the school I went to after Temple was more prestigious, there is just no comparison in terms of which experience was more enriching and which one I'm more proud to have been part of. Go Owls!

Come on back!!

I know you already know this, but you're in the PERFECT city to continue an education if you so desired. I can't even tell you how much I loved hitting the SEPTA train each day that took me right to the front door of Temple U. Unbelievably fulfilling educational experience at that university, but of course the options are endless in Philly. I actually took one of the first online courses that Temple ever offered (1998), so I'm sure they have a solid online component to their course options. Even though the school I went to after Temple was more prestigious, there is just no comparison in terms of which experience was more enriching and which one I'm more proud to have been part of. Go Owls!

are they an 'actual college' or are they a for profit, like u of phoenix..not knocking it if they are for profit, just curious, have seen a lot of ads for them and now i see they have .edu in their url, i thought for profit schools had to go .com but i could be completely mistaken.

Look at So. NH University.

www.snhu.edu

I literally live 3 minutes from campus. Great little school with innovative programs.

PTR

Don't settle for a canned program if you decide to go ahead w/ a degree program. Identify skills, needs, etc. in your current field of endeavor; identify educational opportunities for attaining those skills, needs, etc, then approach your employer with a plan to acquire the skills and experiences with their financial assistance. Canned graduate programs may just be too generic (and therefore boring as can be) and thus not be as applicable as you'd like.

are they an 'actual college' or are they a for profit, like u of phoenix..not knocking it if they are for profit, just curious, have seen a lot of ads for them and now i see they have .edu in their url, i thought for profit schools had to go .com but i could be completely mistaken.

SNHU is a real college with real DII athletic programs. (Big soccer and basketball school.) They decided a few years ago to get aggressive with their online programs. They came up with a program where you can earn any degree they offer online at your own pace where you pay $1,250 for every 6 months you are in. http://www.unionlead...EWS04/130419063 So for example let's say you are a whiz and you complete a 4 year degree in 3 years, You only pay $7,500.

They also let you test of out requirements. You take a competency test in a subject. If you pass you get the credit without taking the class. SNHU is the worst nightmare for outfits like U of Phoenix and Capella..

http://en.wikipedia....hire_University

Here is a Google Map aerial view of their campus:

https://maps.google.com/maps?q=SNHU+photo+tour&ll=43.040093,-71.451527&spn=0.004956,0.013078&fb=1&gl=us&hq=SNHU+photo+tour&radius=15000&t=h&z=17

PTR

Edited by PromoTheRobot

25 years old. Bachelor of Science in Physical Education/Health. Lack of teaching positions in Phys. Ed. but thankfully I substitute teach part time, manage a small factory office part time, and coach 2 high school sports.

Currently going for my Master's in Sport Administration to piggy back off my Phys. Ed. background. I take 1 or 2 classes per semester depending on how much money I can afford. (Canisius College is none too cheap)

I've always thought about moving down South because I hear of the number of schools looking for qualified teachers, but I have a great girlfriend who has a solid job here, as well as an awesome house. So I'm just gonna keep plugging along and hope for the best...and if the best doesn't happen at least I have other options to fall back on.