Trade Byrd

I'm sick of all this Byrd talk. And why do we need another thread about the same topic that's being discussed ad nauseum in the other Byrd thread?

ding ding ding...

It's multiple added topics each day on this. People think their take deserves a different title. Or they are too lazy to read through the other Byrd posts.

Either way, I'm surprised this one has made it this far. I expect a merge or a lock within a few hours though.

Any team in the NFL can sign Byrd today.

There is nothing stopping them.

The Bills Receive a 1st and 3rd as compensation.

If a team wanted Byrd they could have him for the price of the second highest paid Saftey in the NFL and a 1st and a 3rd pick to the Buffalo Bills up until Monday.

After Monday Byrd can only sign a one year deal.

With the Bills starting yet another rebuild they may not even have to trade up for Clowney

I am for trading Byrd as I don't think he is a good as most do. Good player but not elite

Any team in the NFL can sign Byrd today.

There is nothing stopping them.

The Bills Receive a 1st and 3rd as compensation.

If a team wanted Byrd they could have him for the price of the second highest paid Saftey in the NFL and a 1st and a 3rd pick to the Buffalo Bills up until Monday.

After Monday Byrd can only sign a one year deal.

I wonder why no other team has done just that.

GO BILLS!!!

I wouldn't lump RB in with the other interchangeable positions. Depending on the RB of course. While Spiller isn't a Peterson just yet, he is on a sharp ascent. Put another way, he is far closer to superstar player than Byrd has ever been or will be at free safety. Spiller is a threat on EVERY offensive play. Same just can't be said for Byrd on the defensive side of things.

GO BILLS!!!

I hear you and agree that they can be game changers (and worth paying in a couple of cases). I was approaching more from the point that teams think that RBs are easy to find. In hindsight, I'll bet that the Titans wish that they didn't tie all that $ up in Chris Johnson. I think that he is very good but you can find someone that will give you 90% of that production for 20% of the $. The same for OG and safety.

I'm sick of all this Byrd talk. And why do we need another thread about the same topic that's being discussed ad nauseum in the other Byrd thread?

because the OP had vast new insights on the situation not covered in the 46 page thread on the subject

Because the original owner of the thread has not closed it and it has spawned lots of side discussions so that is why it has been discussed ad nausea in other thread.

I wonder why no other team has done just that.

GO BILLS!!!

Because:

a. they do not want to do Bills negotiations for them and Bills can match

b. he is not worth a 1st and 3rd draft pick AND the associated costs of signing

Take your pick