OMFG - Zel Miller!

MichFan

Apparently this notion hasn't been de-bunked enough.  The ad featuring footage of Hitler was not commissioned by MoveOn.org, rather it was entered in a contest the MoveOn sponsored and did not win.  Once it reviewed the situation and received complaints, MoveON pulled the ad from being viewed on its site.  It has only since been available on sites attacking MoveOn and, I might add, in a Bush ad, strangely enough.

It was not MoveOn-sponsored or approved, and no one representing the organization is equating Bush with Hitler.

15825[/snapback]

That won't stop the leg shaving republicans from crying their alligator tears.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was it ever posted on Moveon's website?

15830[/snapback]

Prominently, in fact. That's the only place I've seen it.

And in fact, it was quite well done in a technical Leni Riefenstahl/Sergey Eisenstein heavy-handed propaganda sense...

Strictly and honestly asking out of curiousity; the ad must've made the rounds somehow. Was it ever posted on Moveon's website? I honestly don't know the answer to that question, but you can probably tell why I'm asking it.

15830[/snapback]

I found several other news clips that said the ads were on MoveOn, but removed after the outcry. Reading the rules of the contest, all submissions were posted to the site. The ads were thus on the site and removed quickly but sort of kept alive as plenty of people downloaded them before removal.

This is from memoryhole.org:

The liberal activist site MoveOn ran a contest, Bush in 30 Seconds, in which people were invited to create and submit political TV ads critical of the Bush Administration, with the winning entry to air in swing states and on national television.

Over 1,500 ads were submitted. Out of them, two compared Bush to Hitler.

Sounds like a standard case of, out of many, a few whackos ruin everything and steal the spotlight, while the intended message is drowned out. Kind of like these protests.

Yeah I heard you, Fabio and Elton John have leg shaving parties together.  :devil:

15851[/snapback]

I don't think Fabio or Elton are governors and neither was a featured speaker at a major party convention and lastly, I don't think they accused anyone else of being girly men. I can only guess as to whether they have, like the good governor, spent much of their life shaving their legs, oiling their bodies and prancing around in a bikini in front of other naked men or spending hours naked in front of a mirror striking fetching poses. :)

It was stinging, but where was the substance - I have yet to hear anyone talk about what he will do - granted, it was a lot of bravado - but we don't live in this world alone - Bush is no tougher than anyone else - any President would have gone into Afghanistan after Al Queda - in fact, they probably would still be there instead of wasting resources in Iraq.  With respect to Kerry not voting for the additional body armour - I understand that he voted against it because he wanted to pay for it with the tax cut given to the top 2% of income makers.  But the question that I don't hear being asked nearly enough is - WHY THE HELL DID THEY SEND THEM OVER THERE (IN AN ELECTIVE WAR) WITHOUT THE ARMOUR IN THE FIRST PLACE????  Would they have sent their own kids over there without it?  I find that unconscienable.

15810[/snapback]

Let me know exactly which resources in Iraq would be helping in Afghanistan. I'm always curious to hear the soundbyte explained by those who use it.

Let me know exactly which resources in Iraq would be helping in Afghanistan.  I'm always curious to hear the soundbyte explained by those who use it.

15911[/snapback]

What you mean tanks can't climb the side of mountains?

Or division level military tactics don't work in mountain passes?

Oh I know we can drag our howitzers through the mountain passes. They would get ambushed tryig to navigate those narrow passes with heavy machines.

That IS funny... the guy does a complete 180 after 3 short years???

Sounds like he should join the Swift Boat Veterans for Truth as an honorary member!

He's from Georgia; big suprise there... I suppose if John Edwards was running for President, Miller would have slobbered at the chance to speak at the DEMOCRATIC convention instead. Stay in state where you belong.

15444[/snapback]

Miller's kind introduction at a speaking engagement, bassically highlighting Kerry's resume, hardly contradicts the message he delivered last night.

Let me know exactly which resources in Iraq would be helping in Afghanistan.  I'm always curious to hear the soundbyte explained by those who use it.

15911[/snapback]

And while you're answering this, explain what the proper force-structure requirements are for the mission in Afghanistan including, if you will, your plan detailing your answers to the logistical questions of the long-term support of said force structure in a landlocked region.

Hell, just explain the mission in Afghanistan. That ought to be difficult enough.

Miller's kind introduction at a speaking engagement, bassically highlighting Kerry's resume, hardly contradicts the message he delivered last night.

15934[/snapback]

"My job tonight is an easy one: to present to you one of this nation's authentic heroes, one of this party's best-known and greatest leaders...In his 16 years in the Senate...John has worked to strengthen our military" - Zell Miller

"For more than twenty years, on every one of the great issues of freedom and security, John Kerry has been more wrong, more weak and more wobbly than any other national figure" -Zell Miller

I find that a little contradictory.

Indecently if you are looking for transcripts of convention speeches:

http://www.gopconvention.com/news/speeches.shtml

"My job tonight is an easy one: to present to you one of this nation's authentic heroes, one of this party's best-known and greatest leaders...In his 16 years in the Senate...John has worked to strengthen our military" - Zell Miller

"For more than twenty years, on every one of the great issues of freedom and security, John Kerry has been more wrong, more weak and more wobbly than any other national figure" -Zell Miller

15990[/snapback]

"Thasss be'cuz yo mahnd 'taint raght soz we gots ta git yo mahnd raht, fo yo own gid." ------Cool Hand Luke

15990[/snapback]

His speech in favor of Senator Kerry smacks of the "Thin Blue Line" mentality that goes with belonging to a political party at the national level (not unlike John McCain was portrayed by the lefty's here what, yesterday?).

15990[/snapback]

In all the years he spent in Congress, Kerry probably was involved in SOME (flip-flop) legislation that strengthened our military, thereby making the statement basically truthful. I don't see how that is a 180, is my point. When you're introducing someone like that, the whole point is to give them a glowing introduction.