Odd places you've met players

Some time back in the early 90's my wife and then 6 month old daughter and I went up to Buffalo so I could see a game and the wife and kid could see my family. I had some upgrades on US Air and was getting my wife and child situated in first class when all of sudden the light disappeared. I looked up and there was the largest person I'd ever seen that close up - Bruce Smith getting his mother situated in her seat....he looked enormous that close up....I also played catch with OJ out in front of his house back in the mid 70's - he lived across the street from a good friend of mine in the really ritzy part of East Amherst.....somewhere off of Klein Road if I recall correctly. He had his USC letter jacket on....

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When my parents first started dating, my Mom worked at the Aud, and used to sneak my father into games and concerts. My dad met Jimbo at a Sabres game at the urinal, and told him "nice game on Sunday". Jim told him to "Eff off dick head" and to mind his own business. My dad zipped up, poured his beer on Jimbo's head, then had to have my mom sneak him out the service entrance.

According to my mother Thurman, Jimbo, and Bruce spent the entire night looking for him.

Let me guess. It was the week after Super Bowl Sunday in either 1991, 1992, 1993, or 1994. LoL...