Doc Rivers to Clippers

Ralph W.

Garnett and Pierce to the Nets for two middle of the road players (Gerald Wallace, Tornika Shegala (sp?), and garbage Kris Humphries :sick: )...but three first round picks?

Hate to see KG, and especially Pierce elswhere, but that would be a good trade for the Celtics...I imagine they would end up trading or cutting one or two of those guys...a roster-full of small forwards isn't going to cut it..

From a Nets perspective, I think it is a terrible trade...sure, they get two big name players in KG and Pierce, but they are 37 & 35 years old, with lots of tread on the tires..it would give them an identity, but a short lived one...silly. That owner seems desperate.

If I were KG or PP, and I was resigned to the notion that I was leaving Boston, I would be encouraging the Celtics to find a trade partner in the western conference...the Nets might be a little better than Boston at this point, but they aren't making past the Heat in the playoffs next year...they aren't going to be younger...go west, take less money, go to a Western Conference contender and hope you make it back to the finals. The West is better top to bottom, but the Heat will dominate the East for another year or two.

And, as usual, if rumors about Dwight Howard not wanting to return to the Lakers are true, the Lakers come out smelling like roses once again.. :lol: Dwight not returnig will be the best thing that could happen to them next year. As disturbing as it might be for me (all bets are off now) KG could help the LA Kobes' a lot more that Howard for one season...

Edited by Buftex

Okay, I realize I am talking to myself at this point...indulge me...it is cathartic...

Love Chirs Rocks' take on the trade of KG and Pierce to the Nets, essentially saying what I said earlier: "So the Nets have given up their future, for a legit chance to move from the 4th seed in the east to the 3rd in the east for the next two years?"

For the Celtics, Rondo is the only thing left.. Ainge says "he is not looking to trade Rondo", but insiders seem to think he could be dealt. I love Rondo, but I wouldn't be opposed to moving him, if the Celtics got a real, tangible asset for him. Having six first round picks over the next three years does not excite me in regards to the NBA. The Celtics would be lucky if two of those guys ended up being serviceable, productive parts of their future.

It also occurs to me, 2013 is the year of major change and overhaul for the three teams I live and die with...Bills, Sabres and Celtics. C's had been my one reprieve from the misery of endless losing... but now, ironically, I feel best about the immediate future of the Buffalo Bills!

Edited by Buftex

I get the impression the move was to ease the transition for Jason Kidd...a couple 'floor coaches'

Okay, I realize I am talking to myself at this point...indulge me...it is cathartic...

Love Chirs Rocks' take on the trade of KG and Pierce to the Nets, essentially saying what I said earlier: "So the Nets have given up their future, for a legit chance to move from the 4th seed in the east to the 3rd in the east for the next two years?"

For the Celtics, Rondo is the only thing left.. Ainge says "he is not looking to trade Rondo", but insiders seem to think he could be dealt. I love Rondo, but I wouldn't be opposed to moving him, if the Celtics got a real, tangible asset for him. Having six first round picks over the next three years does not excite me in regards to the NBA. The Celtics would be lucky if two of those guys ended up being serviceable, productive parts of their future.

It also occurs to me, 2013 is the year of major change and overhaul for the three teams I live and die with...Bills, Sabres and Celtics. C's had been my one reprieve from the misery of endless losing... but now, ironically, I feel best about the immediate future of the Buffalo Bills!

I get the impression the move was to ease the transition for Jason Kidd...a couple 'floor coaches'

Didn't think of that...but it makes me wonder why they would hire Kidd, if they thought he needed that much help...they hired some very experienced assistants for him...if anything, I think the Jason Terry throw-in was a nod to Kidd. Not only does it trade a big salary from one team to another (Terry for the Nets' Wallace), but Kidd won a ring with Terry back in Dallas.

But, to your point, the Nets just got three great leaders...KG is kind of a Ray Lewis type...even if he doesn't have as much game as he did five years ago, he makes sure that everybody is giving it everything they can. Pierce was a really good player before KG got to Boston, but KG made him that much better...just by challanging him to be better defensively. PP even admitted it himself...."you don't KG to get in your face for dogging it". PP went from a mediocre/bad defender to a really good one...remember how he shut (or slowed) LeBron down the year they played the Cavs in the Eastern Conference Finals? That is the Garnett influence, and why, even at 37 he still has a lot to offer a team. The way he played in playoffs the last couple of years, with all the injuries, was pretty inspiring, even for a couch potato like myself!

Pooj, you are a 76ers fan, correct? They had a good day yesterday!

i am not a celtics fan but i think brad stevens, while risky, is a great move. i view this move similarily to how i view marrone in buffalo. seems to be a grat coach with substance over style and gets his players to excel. may not be playoff this year, but will be sooner rather than later

i am not a celtics fan but i think brad stevens, while risky, is a great move. i view this move similarily to how i view marrone in buffalo. seems to be a grat coach with substance over style and gets his players to excel. may not be playoff this year, but will be sooner rather than later

Agreed on both fronts. Substance over style is "where it's at."