Eric Moulds ranked 70th, 55th, 54th, 45th

AKC

While I don't agree that he is as low as 45, I hope this will put an end to the lists including him in the top 5 in the league.

I would say top 12-15, but there are ALOT of superstar WR.

Give Lee Evans 2 years, and we'll have a top 3 NFL receiver on our team.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NO.  I'm not saying that.  Are you really this dumb?  I'm saying you need to explain what the rankings are.  I've posted their explanations.  Do you even understand what they are?  Or do you just think that anything labeled "rankings" means, "Best Player to Worst Player"?

202270[/snapback]

I have a puppy who chases her tail around- do you mind if I call you "Chile"?

Yes or No- Are the Football Outsiders correct that there were 44 better WRs in the NFL in 2004 than Eric Moulds?

So?  Individual stats can be manipulated to mask anything you want (which is pretty much the point of this futile thread).  BR threw 16 TDs in 15 games. 

I'm not defending Drew or Eric Moulds.  Both have been disappointing over the last couple of seasons - at least some of which is due to each other.

202268[/snapback]

My point was the reason Moulds was listed so low was he did not have the TD catches that most other top tier receivers did. TD catches were scored very high for Football Outsiders criteria. Other then TDs Moulds numbers match up with most every elite WR and he has a hinderence at QB.

Yes or No- Are the Football Outsiders correct that there were 44 better WRs in the NFL in 2004 than Eric Moulds?

202276[/snapback]

Again, you fail to understand statistics. Maybe you need to take some Adult Ed courses, I don't know what to tell you. They are correct that 44 WRs had better defense-adjusted points-over-replacement than Moulds - that's all you can say about their WR rankings. You can only explain statistical analyses in terms of their assumptions.

thanks, i see how they do it. it makes sense when its done stat wise and not just opinion.

202281[/snapback]

Stat wise Eddie Kennison and Ashley Lelie are better then Randy Moss and Marvin Harrison is the third best receiver on the Colts

Again, you fail to understand statistics.  Maybe you need to take some Adult Ed courses, I don't know what to tell you.  They are correct that 44 WRs had better points-over-average than Moulds - that's all you can say about their WR rankings.  You can only explain statistical analyses in terms of their assumptions.

202279[/snapback]

That's odd- someone posting under your exact name and Avatar was trying to say in another string EXACTLY the opposite thing- that Football Outsider rankings were absolute indications of rankings. I've got to get you guys hooked up- maybe it's one of those Samantha/Serena things?

Stat wise Eddie Kennison and Ashley Lelie are better then Randy Moss and Marvin Harrison is the third best receiver on the Colts

202287[/snapback]

:unsure: YES, in terms of defense-adjusted points-over-replacement (i.e., point production). Not "better," like, who would you rather have on your playground team - or "better," like, if you threw up a ball to all of them, who would come down with it, or even "better," like, who would you cover with your best cornerback. It's just measuring production.

That's odd- someone posting under your exact name and Avatar was trying to say in another string EXACTLY the opposite thing- that Football Outsider rankings were absolute indications of rankings. I've got to get you guys hooked up- maybe it's one of those Samantha/Serena things?

202288[/snapback]

Again, not all statistical measurements are the same. I should be billing you for the free lesson here. Their TEAM RANKINGS contain different assumptions than their PLAYER RANKINGS. You'd have known that had you READ THE EXPLANATIONS (I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt - perhaps you did read them...)

Again, not all statistical measurements are the same.  I should be billing you for the free lesson here.  The TEAM RANKINGS contain different assumptions than the PLAYER RANKINGS.  You'd have known that had you READ THE EXPLANATIONS (I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt - perhaps you did read them...)

202290[/snapback]

You introduced the analysis, now you try to play a semantic game with their formula. OK, let's do it your way- you don't like "player ranking", we'll instead use their assumed conclusion that their Defense Adjusted Point Over Replacement is a measure of "total performance". So they're saying that on a seasonal average using their formula, in the past 4 seasons there have been 69, 54, 53 and 44 others receivers who have- ahem- "performed" better than Eric Moulds. Big difference there!

A little advice- if offered something under the guise of "knowledge" that requires you to contradict yourself over and over while making excuses for the how that "knowledge" was arrived at- you might be better off thinking for yourself-

then again.......

Ah, the musings of the OWNED.

202301[/snapback]

how was I owned? I started one thread about Cowbells that I thought people would laugh at? People had fun with it...we laughed..people enjoyed themselves...I know that is a hard concept for you to grasp, but try it sometime...

how was I owned? I started one thread about Cowbells that I thought people would laugh at? People had fun with it...we laughed..people enjoyed themselves...I know that is a hard concept for you to grasp, but try it sometime...

202304[/snapback]

You just asked someone else to limit something to one thread when you and your little crew of cowbell lemmings spent the better part of a week vomitting all over the board in virtually every thread.

Perhaps for AKC it's fun to actually discuss football with posts that are longer than 3 words. I understand that's quite probably a foriegn concept to you and the majority of the cowbell lemmings but try hard to understand the irony of YOU asking someone else to do something YOU can't do. Top that off with a "pipe down sport" post from someone who rails against others for being condescending...

Duh.

You just asked someone else to limit something to one thread when you and your little crew of cowbell lemmings spent the better part of a week vomitting all over the board in virtually every thread. 

Perhaps for AKC it's fun to actually discuss football with posts that are longer than 3 words.  I understand that's quite probably a foriegn concept to you and the majority of the cowbell lemmings but try hard to understand the irony of YOU asking someone else to do something YOU can't do.  Top that off with a "pipe down sport" post from someone who rails against others for being condescending...

Duh.

202309[/snapback]

so now I need to keep track of what others post? got it...

Perhaps you should take a moment away from your role as the self-annointed Sheriff of TSW and actually contribute to the football discussion.

202323[/snapback]

I have. Besides, you guys are doing a pretty fair job of hitting the points.

BTW, I prefer "conscience" to "sheriff". Sounds less "governmental". :unsure: