Happy birthday Paul McCartney

Gugny

I like to separate my thoughts simply by hitting enter twice. It serves as a paragraph, even though there's no indentation.

Your day breaks, your mind aches

You find that all the words of kindness linger on

When she no longer needs you

She wakes up, she makes up

She takes her time and doesn't feel she has to hurry

She no longer needs you

And in her eyes you see nothing

No sign of love behind the tears

Cried for no one

A love that should have lasted years

You want her, you need her

And yet you don't believe her when she said her love is dead

You think she needs you

Those are obviously not my thoughts, but the thoughts of Sir Paul McCartney, whose birthday is today.

bucket list for me...need to stop wanting to finally see him and just do it...not gonna have too many more opportunities

I feel the same about seeing him. I felt the same about Rod Stewart and finally took my wife to see him in Tampa a couple of years ago and had a great time. We're planning on going to see Steely Dan when they come to town in November.

i soured on Rod Stewart when he did all those standards, I hate it when rockers go soft like that(ie phil collins). Heard a couple new tracks of Rod on Howard Stern a couple weeks ago and was very happy to hear the old Rod back

I feel the same about seeing him. I felt the same about Rod Stewart and finally took my wife to see him in Tampa a couple of years ago and had a great time. We're planning on going to see Steely Dan when they come to town in November.

I like to separate my thoughts simply by hitting enter twice. It serves as a paragraph, even though there's no indentation.

Your day breaks, your mind aches

You find that all the words of kindness linger on

When she no longer needs you

She wakes up, she makes up

She takes her time and doesn't feel she has to hurry

She no longer needs you

And in her eyes you see nothing

No sign of love behind the tears

Cried for no one

A love that should have lasted years

You want her, you need her

And yet you don't believe her when she said her love is dead

You think she needs you

Those are obviously not my thoughts, but the thoughts of Sir Paul McCartney, whose birthday is today.

Paul is 70. That's about what I thought. Yesterday was Barry Manilow's birthday. He is also 70!! I could NOT believe that!!! I had such a mad crush on him when I was 14!! Dang...he must've been pushin' 40 then!!

Bob Dylan's 72....somehow I thought Bobbie would be older......or dead! I'm glad he's still around........

pretty sure Paul turned 71 yesterday, he was born in 1942

Paul is 70. That's about what I thought. Yesterday was Barry Manilow's birthday. He is also 70!! I could NOT believe that!!! I had such a mad crush on him when I was 14!! Dang...he must've been pushin' 40 then!!

Bob Dylan's 72....somehow I thought Bobbie would be older......or dead! I'm glad he's still around........

yeah don't you remember...you called me on my cell phone about the proper number of spaces to indent...yada yada yada...start a new thread about Macca

I must have drunk more beer than I thought last night. I don't remember a) starting this thread or b) renaming this thread.

I saw Paul back in 1989, while it was pretty good, it wasn't great, because, at that time, showing too much deference to the Bealtes part of his career was still a bit taboo for some reason.

With some hesitancy, I went to see him a couple of weeks ago. I don't go to too many "big shows" like this anymore...but I love the Beatles, and Paul isn't going to be around forever, as healthy as he seems.

Gotta say, I had a blast...so glad I went. He still sounds terrific (only one or two moments where he couldn't quite hit the notes he used to), and his band (for some reason he chooses not to introduce them...curious I thought) was top notch. While in the 80's he did about 10 Beatles songs to about 30 solo songs, the new ratio was about 26/14 in favor of the Beatles. I would trade "Lovely Rita" for "Ebony & Ivory" any day....if Paul is coming your way, go see him.

My only complaint (more an observaiton than a complaint really) he just has such an amazing repetoire of songs, after about 2 hours (he played for 3) it was almost like being force fed your favorite food...bludgenoned by pizza, if you wil! I started having a problem differntiating in my brain between the songs "I hope he does" from songs "I think he already did"...pretty amazing show. Get their early enough to enjoy the DJ who goes on about an houre before Paul. Really cool "mash-up" of McCartney/Beatles songs done by them, and other artists, with lots of cool visuals.

I didn't have great seats, upper deck, but that didin't really impede me from enjoying. For a 12,000 seat basketball arena (as likely as small a "club" as I would ever get to see Paul McCartney) the sound was fantastic.

Macca is 71. He seems to be getting better. Rusty, abe, wix and brian keep him young. 38 songs on his set list! Take that mick and keith.

Lovely rita and being for the benefit for mr kite are cool to be included in his set list.

Macca is 71. He seems to be getting better. Rusty, abe, wix and brian keep him young. 38 songs on his set list! Take that mick and keith.

Lovely rita and being for the benefit for mr kite are cool to be included in his set list.

I have to admit it's getting better. A little better all the time.