OT: Well, at least he's being honest

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/highschool-prep-rally/top-recruit-commits-south-carolina-because-classes-where-091739231.html

As first reported by Palmetto Sports and brought to Prep Rally’s attention by The Big Lead, Key, a rising junior defensive end Lithonia (Ga.) High, cited USC’s coaching staff as a key reason why he committed to the Gamecocks rather than in-state power Georgia. Yet, he also said that the school’s ability to create an easy road for its athletes as a key reason why he wanted to head to Columbia. "The academic part, it's like you have to try to fail," Key told Palmetto Sports.

PTR

Haha. No offense, but even for non-athletes, USC is not exactly an academic powerhouse. Why pretend? There's a reason why schools like Northwestern, Duke, and Vanderbilt struggle. Besides Notre Dame and Michigan, most of the powerhouse programs aren't known for their academics.

Haha. No offense, but even for non-athletes, USC is not exactly an academic powerhouse. Why pretend? There's a reason why schools like Northwestern, Duke, and Vanderbilt struggle. Besides Notre Dame and Michigan, most of the powerhouse programs aren't known for their academics.

last time i checked, at least northwestern and vanderbilt did pretty well. and wasn´t duke to some kind of bowl? or missed out barely? and i am pretty sure that stanford matches up with ND or Michigan

Edited by playman

last time i checked, at least northwestern and vanderbilt did pretty well. and wasn´t duke to some kind of bowl? or missed out barely? and i am pretty sure after that stanford matches up with ND or Michigan

Totally blanked on Stanford. And those other schools are fringe contenders at best. Big time college sports is such a sham and it's why I think student athletes should get paid. Schools in the SEC could care less about a kid's education. They use these kids to make millions. It's a total joke so let's stop pretending like Nick Saban cares about a player's class load.

Aside from USC's Top ranked International Business Program

Yup. I'm sure the majority of their players are attending there instead of dance class like Matt Leinart.

And I figured you must have meant South Carolina. But for some reason, Stephen Garcia didn't strike me as a scholar either.

Edited by C.Biscuit97

while i agree players should get paid - at least an amount similar to the summer jobs they had before the college game became a year round thing - i also think you get to see more programms valueing ( sp??) academics.

fe i read an article on stanford recruiting about how they want kids who are not only smart but able to communicate. like looking in the eye while speaking clearly.

Totally blanked on Stanford. And those other schools are fringe contenders at best. Big time college sports is such a sham and it's why I think student athletes should get paid. Schools in the SEC could care less about a kid's education. They use these kids to make millions. It's a total joke so let's stop pretending like Nick Saban cares about a player's class load.

Better be careful. Comments like this may get you fired from presidency of Ohio State U.

Yup. I'm sure the majority of their players are attending there instead of dance class like Matt Leinart.

And I figured you must have meant South Carolina. But for some reason, Stephen Garcia didn't strike me as a scholar either.

In the south USC is South Carolina. The other "USC" is Southern Cal or the Trojans. Took a while for me to get used to that when I lived in North Carolina for a spell.

while i agree players should get paid - at least an amount similar to the summer jobs they had before the college game became a year round thing - i also think you get to see more programms valueing ( sp??) academics.

fe i read an article on stanford recruiting about how they want kids who are not only smart but able to communicate. like looking in the eye while speaking clearly.

Stanford is on a different university. But at schools like that, it takes a special coach. If you're a coach and you main objective is to win, you aren't interested in academics. They are a hinderence. Stanford was a doormat before Harbaugh.

I went played football at a school known for it's academics. Being a football player requires so much time that most non players can't even comprehend (study hall, lifting, classes, practices, film study, etc.) I can't even imagine what it's like at a big time BCS level.

Better be careful. Comments like this may get you fired from presidency of Ohio State U.

:devil: