Michael Jordan is a douche

major

here's a story about Michael Jordan. was covering the Grizzlies back when they were in Vancouver. the bulls were in town and down by something like 13 early in the 4th quarter when Vancouver's antonio daniels (a rookie, and a bad one at that out of Bowling Green, who eventually won an NBA title with the Spurs i believe) decided to say something to Mike about how Chicago was losing.

game on.

Jordan proceeded to score 10 of the Bulls next 13 points or something like that in sparking yet another victory that few will remember in what was and stands as a great career.

Michael Jordan was the real deal just as LeBron James is starting to become, given what he did in the last two games of the NBA finals in willing the Heat to victory. i won't even make the excuse that the aging Spurs suddenly looked tired and in part unraveled because of some curious coaching decisions by Popovich. sitting Duncan in the final seconds of the fourth quarter of Game 6 was a mistake. sitting Tony Parker in the final seconds of overtime in Game 6 was also a mistake.

i've covered Kobe as well, was there at the All-Star Game in NYC in 1998 when Kobe deserved the MVP over Jordan, who won it on reputation.

Lebron, as we speak, has proven he is the best player of his age. he's finally learned what it means to take a team on his back and gut out a victory.

he's more talented, i think than Jordan, but he's yet to match Jordan when it comes to his willingness to win. that process has only begun.

the jury is still out as to where LeBron will rank on the NBA list of great players. he's rising, but the story is unfinished. much like Jordan who had to learn how to play within himself and a team after being schooled several times by Joe Dumars and the Bad Boy Pistons, LeBron is finally learning what it means to be a champion. that said, he's still not Magic or Bird or Michael, some of his more recent contemporaries.

it'll be interesting to see how LeBron does next season with Dwayne Wade one year older and Bosh exposed as a bit player who can't reliably hit an outside shot, and certainly can't play in the paint. (though i'll give Bosh credit for defending Tim Duncan in Game 7.)

jw

Edited by john wawrow

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Far south Chicagoland... On the border w/NW Indiana. Is it considered "Illiana?" I really should change the exile part to my first name.

Nice.

here's a story about Michael Jordan. was covering the Grizzlies back when they were in Vancouver. the bulls were in town and down by something like 13 early in the 4th quarter when Vancouver's antonio daniels (a rookie, and a bad one at that out of Bowling Green, who eventually won an NBA title with the Spurs i believe) decided to say something to Mike about how Chicago was losing.

game on.

Jordan proceeded to score 10 of the Bulls next 13 points or something like that in sparking yet another victory that few will remember in what was and stands as a great career.

Michael Jordan was the real deal just as LeBron James is starting to become, given what he did in the last two games of the NBA finals in willing the Heat to victory. i won't even make the excuse that the aging Spurs suddenly looked tired and in part unraveled because of some curious coaching decisions by Popovich. sitting Duncan in the final seconds of the fourth quarter of Game 6 was a mistake. sitting Tony Parker in the final seconds of overtime in Game 6 was also a mistake.

i've covered Kobe as well, was there at the All-Star Game in NYC in 1998 when Kobe deserved the MVP over Jordan, who won it on reputation.

Lebron, as we speak, has proven he is the best player of his age. he's finally learned what it means to take a team on his back and gut out a victory.

he's more talented, i think than Jordan, but he's yet to match Jordan when it comes to his willingness to win. that process has only begun.

the jury is still out as to where LeBron will rank on the NBA list of great players. he's rising, but the story is unfinished. much like Jordan who had to learn how to play within himself and a team after being schooled several times by Joe Dumars and the Bad Boy Pistons, LeBron is finally learning what it means to be a champion. that said, he's still not Magic or Bird or Michael, some of his more recent contemporaries.

it'll be interesting to see how LeBron does next season with Dwayne Wade one year older and Bosh exposed as a bit player who can't reliably hit an outside shot, and certainly can't play in the paint. (though i'll give Bosh credit for defending Tim Duncan in Game 7.)

jw

And this is why we love you so much more than Tim Graham.

Like when he made the do or die three pointer to send game 6 into OT?

Lol How quickly you forget LeBron shooting the 3 the last possession and making it. Just stating truth if you would like to prove me wrong go ahead but you might not like looking at the stats. Trust me before you waste time looking for supporting cast stats for finals games. You don't want to compare that especially if you hate LeBron b.c of MJs fandom people forget what the people around him did.

Edited by EJ3

Lol How quickly you forget LeBron shooting the 3 the last possession and making it. Just stating truth if you would like to prove me wrong go ahead but you might not like looking at the stats. Trust me before you waste time looking for supporting cast stats for finals games. You don't want to compare that especially if you hate LeBron b.c of MJs fandom people forget what the people around him did.

You mean people like Bill Cartwright, Luke Longley and Bill Wennington? Those powerhouses?

You mean people like Bill Cartwright, Luke Longley and Bill Wennington? Those powerhouses?

I know. Jordan had a great supporting cast, but James does not? I don't get that argument. Actually, they both were on pretty good teams, with a second hall of famer (Pippen / Wade) and solid role players.

Edited by Cugalabanza

I know. Jordan had a great supporting cast, but James does not? I don't get that argument. Actually, they both were on pretty good teams, with a second hall of famer (Pippen / Wade) and solid role players.

Wade wasn't getting triple doubles. To say Wade now is what Pippen was hahahaha. Wade has no knees.

Edited by EJ3

jw

I agree with virtually everything in your post but I take issue with the bolded. That cast of characters he single-handedly dragged to an NBA Finals in Cleveland was the epitome of putting a team on his back and gutting out victories. It should go down as one of the greatest individual accomplishments in the modern history of the NBA.

Wade wasn't getting triple doubles. To say Wade now is what Pippen was hahahaha. Wade has no knees.

Wade had 23 points and 10 rebounds last night. For the season, he averaged 21.2 pts., 5.1 assists and 5 rebounds. That's right around the same numbers Pippen was getting during the championship years.

Edited by Cugalabanza

Wade had 23 points and 10 assists last night. For the season, he averaged 21.2 pts., 5.1 assists and 5 rebounds. That's right around the same numbers Pippen was getting during the championship years.

I am telling you look up the stats for the supporting staff of both teams you will be amazed the things they asked LeBron to do.

I find all these arguments about ranking legacies tiresome. MJ and Lebron will both go down as among the best to ever play. I'm sure Lebron is not done collecting titles. He has proven, like MJ, that he can make the big shots down the stretch in big games.

I find all these arguments about ranking legacies tiresome. MJ and Lebron will both go down as among the best to ever play. I'm sure Lebron is not done collecting titles. He has proven, like MJ, that he can make the big shots down the stretch in big games.

Well said couldn't agree more.

I agree with virtually everything in your post but I take issue with the bolded. That cast of characters he single-handedly dragged to an NBA Finals in Cleveland was the epitome of putting a team on his back and gutting out victories. It should go down as one of the greatest individual accomplishments in the modern history of the NBA.

that's a fair point.

and yet i will make the case that the LeBron we saw for much of these playoffs was far superior to the one that played in the Finals against Dallas two years ago. he appeared transformed as someone playing with determination and having fully asserted himself as the leader of this team, as opposed to two years ago when he weakly seemed to want to placate Wade, and then dismiss critics who questioned his performance.

a point can be made too, about his days in Cleveland, where management and ownership seemed far too intent to give LeBron carte blanche over the entire operation, from hiring coaches to adding players. that should've been the GM's job. the team LeBron carried to the finals, was to a certain degree a team he helped put together.

jw

that's a fair point.

and yet i will make the case that the LeBron we saw for much of these playoffs was far superior to the one that played in the Finals against Dallas two years ago. he appeared transformed as someone playing with determination and having fully asserted himself as the leader of this team, as opposed to two years ago when he weakly seemed to want to placate Wade, and then dismiss critics who questioned his performance.

a point can be made too, about his days in Cleveland, where management and ownership seemed far too intent to give LeBron carte blanche over the entire operation, from hiring coaches to adding players. that should've been the GM's job. the team LeBron carried to the finals, was to a certain degree a team he helped put together.

jw

You may even argue that he asserted his leadership role to a fault as seen in the waning moments of game 6 when he was determined to put the game on his shoulders and force some shots which led to costly turnovers. Nonetheless, he took ownership, established himself as the guy who would take the critical shot rather than kick out, and when the title was on the line in game 7 he nailed his jumper. Save for a few shaky minutes at the end of game 6, he played two very strong games when it mattered most.