The Hobbit Part 2 Trailer

Mark Vader

i had my reservations about the hobbit because of how much i loved the lord of the rings trilogy, but i was completely sucked into middle earth once again. peter jackson just absolutely knows how to translate a great story to the big screen. this will definitely suck waiting for this movie to be released, thank god marvel will entertain us in the meantime.

i had my reservations about the hobbit because of how much i loved the lord of the rings trilogy, but i was completely sucked into middle earth once again. peter jackson just absolutely knows how to translate a great story to the big screen. this will definitely suck waiting for this movie to be released, thank god marvel will entertain us in the meantime.

I loved how Peter Jackson made the Lord of the Rings trilogy and I'm glad that he's in charge of "The Hobbit".

My biggest issue was turning this into a trilogy of movies, because it would mean on expanding on scenes in greater detail and adding things that are not in the book.

I enjoyed the first part of this series very much, and look forward to what else is in store.

And let's face it, getting our first real glimpse of Smaug is only going to make the full effect on the big screen worth it.

Seeing Evangeline Lilly as an elf warrior is a nice bonus too.

So funny you bring this up today, I just got "The Hobbit" from Netflix this afternoon.

You kidding me? I just got it from RedBox yesterday afternoon as well. Loved it.

I liked how they tried really hard not to show Smaug at all. Little glimpses but nothing telling until the last scene.

You kidding me? I just got it from RedBox yesterday afternoon as well. Loved it.

I liked how they tried really hard not to show Smaug at all. Little glimpses but nothing telling until the last scene.

Yes, I loved that too, and I expected that from Jackson. Just like the first Lord of the Rings movie, when they gave us an idea of what Gollum looked like, even though we could not fully see him. It definitely added to the anticipation.

I wonder how JRR Tolkien would have reacted to the adaptation of his films. Steven Jackson has chosen to create some of his own and emphasize at times minor characters from the books but I think in spirit it is much like the books I first read in 1960s. I know Tolkien traveled to Switzerland and it is a shame that he never got to travel to New Zealand where these are filmed for I think some of the landscapes there could have been inspiring.

That trailer looks great! I wasn't all that excited about the Hobbit, and I dragged my feet on seeing it. When I did, though, I ended up really having fun with it, especially after the first 20 min or so, which I found a little slow. Once it got going it was very entertaining. Looking forward to the next one!

• 3 months later...

Thanks Just Jack, for posting the updated trailer.

This movie is going to be fantastic! Still have to wait two more months.

Benedict Cumberbatch was truly despicable in "Star Trek: Into Darkness", now he sounds absolutely frightening as the dragon Smaug.

Bring it on!!!

• 1 month later...