Tim Tebow to Pats

Mango

All talk aside.........have you watched his games?? Did you enjoy them??

I watched Gator football just to see Tebow play 'cause it was a blast!! He was one of a kind. Thrilling...When he took over for Orton in Denver, I watched every game just to see him play. Thrilling....

Those comebacks against Miami and Chicago were thrilling to watch. I had a blast. You don't get to see games like that every week.

I wish folks could be purely objective....Dude's fun to watch. Yep....kinda like Flutie was fun to watch.

Doug Flutie was the main reason I even started watching the Bills. I never saw anything like him before. Thrilling....'Flutie Magic'......sigh.......those were the days.....YUM!! Watching Flutie was the last time I really enjoyed a Bills game.

I enjoy seeing Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, and RGIII among a number of excellent QBs play in the NFL. They not only play exciting football within the framework of an offense, but they can also hurt a defense by making a play when the offense breaks down.

Tim Tebow <_< ......not so much.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I enjoy seeing Aaron Rodgers, Russell Wilson, and RGIII among a number of excellent QBs play in the NFL. They not only play exciting football within the framework of an offense, but they can also hurt a defense by making a play when the offense breaks down.

Tim Tebow <_< ......not so much.

Are you serious?? C'mon man!! ''they can also hurt a defense by making a play when the offense breaks down.'' Tebow's at his best when he improvises.

Of course he's no Rodgers or RGIII but he can scramble with the best of 'em. To my point, I just thought he was fun to watch....that's all. If you don't think so, that's cool.

I'm glad he gets another chance to play. Who knows how the Pats will use him if at all. We shall see. It just feels a little more exciting (to me) when he comes onto the field. It's a wild ride.....

Are you serious?? C'mon man!! ''they can also hurt a defense by making a play when the offense breaks down.'' Tebow's at his best when he improvises.

Of course he's no Rodgers or RGIII but he can scramble with the best of 'em. To my point, I just thought he was fun to watch....that's all. If you don't think so, that's cool.

I'm glad he gets another chance to play. Who knows how the Pats will use him if at all. We shall see. It just feels a little more exciting (to me) when he comes onto the field. It's a wild ride.....

No problem....Just giving my take on what QBs I like to watch and why. The important thing for a QB is executing the offense as it's designed with consistently accurate passing. But you like what you like....So enjoy.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

All talk aside.........have you watched his games?? Did you enjoy them??

I watched Gator football just to see Tebow play 'cause it was a blast!! He was one of a kind. Thrilling...When he took over for Orton in Denver, I watched every game just to see him play. Thrilling....

Those comebacks against Miami and Chicago were thrilling to watch. I had a blast. You don't get to see games like that every week.

I wish folks could be purely objective....Dude's fun to watch. Yep....kinda like Flutie was fun to watch.

Doug Flutie was the main reason I even started watching the Bills. I never saw anything like him before. Thrilling....'Flutie Magic'......sigh.......those were the days.....YUM!! Watching Flutie was the last time I really enjoyed a Bills game.

Did you enjoy watching Flutie with the Chargers?

No problem....Just giving my take on what QBs I like to watch and why. The important thing for a QB is executing the offense as it's designed with consistently accurate passing. But you like what you like....So enjoy.

CB, hold on! You've got me all wrong! The topic was Tebow....so I talked about watching him play. That is no reflection on my Quarterback preferences. None at all! Totally different topic..........Tebow wouldn't be a footnote in that discussion.

My all time favorite Quarterback was Mr. John Elway........Tebow couldn't hold his jock strap! Just wanted to straighten that out.............I prefer a ramblin' man with a gun of an arm....Johnnie and Brett Farve. They were something!

Being a Cowboys fan first and foremost (I'm a Bills fan by proxy...My husband's from WNY so I've grown fond of them over the years......but they're painful to watch.........) I dug Troy Aikman. He was accurate. He had a great arm but I found his game boring.............I much prefer Tony Romo!! Now there's 'what I like'. He can extend a play better than any QB playing in the League today.

Sorry....I digress..........this is a Tebow thread.........carry on...........

Did you enjoy watching Flutie with the Chargers?

No way!! He stunk up the joint! 'Flutie Magic' was limited to the East Coast........

Did you enjoy watching Flutie play when he was a Bill??? You might have missed the Flutie era.......it was a long time ago. Your age isn't shown on your profile...........

CB, hold on! You've got me all wrong! The topic was Tebow....so I talked about watching him play. That is no reflection on my Quarterback preferences. None at all! Totally different topic..........Tebow wouldn't be a footnote in that discussion.

My all time favorite Quarterback was Mr. John Elway........Tebow couldn't hold his jock strap! Just wanted to straighten that out.............I prefer a ramblin' man with a gun of an arm....Johnnie and Brett Farve. They were something!

Being a Cowboys fan first and foremost (I'm a Bills fan by proxy...My husband's from WNY so I've grown fond of them over the years......but they're painful to watch.........) I dug Troy Aikman. He was accurate. He had a great arm but I found his game boring.............I much prefer Tony Romo!! Now there's 'what I like'. He can extend a play better than any QB playing in the League today.

Sorry....I digress..........this is a Tebow thread.........carry on...........

No way!! He stunk up the joint! 'Flutie Magic' was limited to the East Coast........

Did you enjoy watching Flutie play when he was a Bill??? You might have missed the Flutie era.......it was a long time ago. Your age isn't shown on your profile...........

No worries....Welcome to TSW by the way,

No worries....Welcome to TSW by the way,

Ahhh.......thanks CB! That's sooo sweet. I appreciate it. It's difficult navigating around here but I'm making progress.......slowly....

I enjoyed Flutie's play for the first year and a half. Then defenses figured him out and he was like what you saw with the Chargers. It would have been the same way for Tebow.

I enjoyed Flutie's play for the first year and a half. Then defenses figured him out and he was like what you saw with the Chargers. It would have been the same way for Tebow.

Flutie went 10-3 in his last 13 starts with the Bills (6-2 in his last 8 starts of '99 and 4-1 in 5 starts in 2000.

So Flutie's winning percentage never wavered.

With that same great defense, Rob Johnson went 1-1 in '99 and 4-7 in 2000.

So with the same great defense in the last half of '99 (which you cited) and all of 2000, Flutie was 10-3 and Rob Johnson was 5-8.

Maybe the defenses figured him out but that never stopped Flutie from finding a way to win.

Flutie went 10-3 in his last 13 starts with the Bills (6-2 in his last 8 starts of '99 and 4-1 in 5 starts in 2000.

So Flutie's winning percentage never wavered.

With that same great defense, Rob Johnson went 1-1 in '99 and 4-7 in 2000.

So with the same great defense in the last half of '99 (which you cited) and all of 2000, Flutie was 10-3 and Rob Johnson was 5-8.

Maybe the defenses figured him out but that never stopped Flutie from finding a way to win.

This isn't a Flutie-RJ discussion. It's Bills versus Chargers. And the Bills' defense in 1999 was 2nd in PPG allowed, while in 2000 they were 18th. The Chargers in 2001 were 16th in PPG.

This isn't a Flutie-RJ discussion. It's Bills versus Chargers. And the Bills' defense in 1999 was 2nd in PPG allowed, while in 2000 they were 18th. The Chargers in 2001 were 16th in PPG.

Leaving San Diego out of it, Flutie won games in Buffalo right up till the time he was shown the door… something no Buffalo QB has been able to do since he left so I'm not so sure about defenses figuring him out.

TT is arguably one of the greatest college QB's ever, and the kid managed to not only take his NFL team to the playoffs. But win a playoff game against the notoriously always good Pittsburgh Steelers

So there will always be some media hype to this guy, religion, no religion.

I have no idea why the Jacksonville Jags whose fans love TT (the Jags have to cover part of their seats every game due to lack of attendance) didn't jump on the chance to sign him just to put butts in seats.

Anyway, I'm pulling for the kid to do good....just not against the Bills.

He sure didn't do good against us in the last go-round..

All that aside, I don't think Tebow is there to do anything but practice the read option. Bellichick won't be caught off guard by the Bills young, thoroughbred, QB... Because of TT's athleticism, Massacheatsus can practice things with him that they can't practice with Brady. -That's my theory, anyway. TT may not even make their final roster cut.

Edited by #34fan

Leaving San Diego out of it, Flutie won games in Buffalo right up till the time he was shown the door… something no Buffalo QB has been able to do since he left so I'm not so sure about defenses figuring him out.

You can't leave SD out of it. Which has been my point.

You can't leave SD out of it. Which has been my point.

In 2001, Flutie's first season in San Diego (head coach Mike Riley's last season), the team had 4 more wins than they had previous year (5 vs 1) and their offense was much better than it was the previous year when Jim Harbaugh went 0-5 as the starter.

Their offense scored more points than their "16th ranked defense" gave up (332 to 321) and they beat the Bills in week 7 to go to 5-2 in a game that Ralph Wilson was quoted as saying that he'd rather win than the Super Bowl, due to all the Bills defections.

The Chargers season was crippled by injuries and ineptitude by coach Mike Riley as they lost their last 9 games including a week 17 loss to Seattle in which Flutie threw for 377 yards (his 3rd 300+ yard game that season) and led the team to a tie with 16 seconds left.

Typical of the season the Chargers kick coverage allowed a long return and Seattle kicked a long field goal at the end to win as time ran out.

I guess we'll agree to disagree about Flutie. He wasn't pretty to watch and he wasn't always effective but even as a 38 year old quarterback on his last legs, he could still keep his team in every game and lead them back at the end.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan

In 2001, Flutie's first season in San Diego (head coach Mike Riley's last season), the team had 4 more wins than they had previous year (5 vs 1) and their offense was much better than it was the previous year when Jim Harbaugh went 0-5 as the starter.

Their offense scored more points than their "16th ranked defense" gave up (332 to 321) and they beat the Bills in week 7 to go to 5-2 in a game that Ralph Wilson was quoted as saying that he'd rather win than the Super Bowl, due to all the Bills defections.

The Chargers season was crippled by injuries and ineptitude by coach Mike Riley as they lost their last 9 games including a week 17 loss to Seattle in which Flutie threw for 377 yards (his 3rd 300+ yard game that season) and led the team to a tie with 16 seconds left.

Typical of the season the Chargers kick coverage allowed a long return and Seattle kicked a long field goal at the end to win as time ran out.

I guess we'll agree to disagree about Flutie. He wasn't pretty to watch and he wasn't always effective but even as a 38 year old quarterback on his last legs, he could still keep his team in every game and lead them back at the end.

We'll have to agree to disagree then. The Chargers added LaDanian Tomlinson, a HOF'er, in that 2001 draft and he by himself out-rushed the entire 2000 Chargers' team by 183 yards and 2 TD's. He also caught 59 passes which was 2nd most on the team. I'd say he was a large factor in those 4 extra wins. And the Bills' 2001 team was a mess, after even more talent (than after 1999) started to leave, and Cowart went down.

And you start playing a dangerous game when you qualify wins and losses. Case in point, RJ left the field with the lead in the Titans playoff game, only to see a (bogus) KR, lose the game.

Perhaps Tebow should take Flutie's cue and go the CFL route for awhile, and then try and make a comeback?

Why does this thread have 16 pages? Tebow freaking sucks.

Why do you think the Media talks about Tebow all the time? Just look at this thread and you will know why. Tebow is that bad player that happened to get a chance in the NFL and was carried by his team to the playoffs then destroyed by an actually good team the Pats. So you get people that think he is good and people that know he isn't, they fight. Then you get those that hate Tebow and those that love him cult status, they fight. Then you end up with 16 pages of crap and in the end Tebow will still be a bad QB but a great guy.

Edited by EJ3

Why do you think the Media talks about Tebow all the time? Just look at this thread and you will know why. Tebow is that bad player that happened to get a chance in the NFL and was carried by his team to the playoffs then destroyed by an actually good team the Pats. So you get people that think he is good and people that know he isn't, they fight. Then you get those that hate Tebow and those that love him cult status, they fight. Then you end up with 16 pages of crap and in the end Tebow will still be a bad QB but a great guy.

Tebow got destroyed by the Bills that season.