Brown bear in my neighbors trash

Wow... Small world (does help we are on a BFLO board... :lol: ). My granmother lived almost right across the street. If I recall, they closed the orphange in the late 1970's or 1980's? Didn't they have a pool with a slide? I remember wanting to be an orphan... :lol: Not that my parents weren't seriously thinking about obliging my request! LoL...

One of the ways they summoned the nuns to the office was using bells rung in a simple code. I remember whenever the bell would ring that I'd have to stop playing so she could hear if she was being summoned.

The grounds there had lots of nice, big old shade trees and a large lawn. My violin lessons there were during the early 1970s and the same nun also taught music at Villa Maria.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a laugh out of the comments expressing shock that there was drinking at a church picnic. The Catholic lawn Fetes I went to in Buffalo where drunken orgy's.

Jesus turned water into wine. He was a partier too!

Father Malikowski at Resurrection.He was pastor when they built the current church. Josephat's was a JFK church, our mortal enemies. As one of our teachers called them "The boys from Sloan."

I didn't get in trouble, but when my parents were fed up they "threatened" to send me there. Was back there in May, the land is still empty.

LoL! Too funny. If you mind my ignorance, what is a JFK church? I am a little younger (like your baby brother) than you, born in '68.