Super Bowl L & LI sites chosen Tuesday (update: San Fran, Houston)

Tell that to any of the people attending the SB in any warm weather city, and see what they think.

I attended the NFC championship a few years ago here in Chicago. Despite the extreme cold, you dress for the weather. Doesn't make a difference. If you're going to commit huge dollars (which you will) for tickets, hotel, airfare, etc., the weather really isn't a factor.

Personally, I think it's a shame that cold weather stadiums don't get any real consideration for the biggest game of the year. IMO, it should be randomly determined with the random winner removed from the next year's pool. That's it. Having 10 Superbowls in Miami is pretty stupid.

clearly, you have never gone to a super bowl if you think all cities are created equally.

buffalo as far as i can tell simply doesnt have the infrastructure for what the event has become, even if you forget about the weather issues.

I attended the NFC championship a few years ago here in Chicago. Despite the extreme cold, you dress for the weather. Doesn't make a difference. If you're going to commit huge dollars (which you will) for tickets, hotel, airfare, etc., the weather really isn't a factor.

if you are spending upwards of 10k on tickets, flights, hotel.... for a 4-5 day vacation with a huge number of events around a city, you can bet that weather is a factor. ive attended an nfc championship game and lived in a super bowl host city both within the last couple years and the events are COMPLETELY different. the lead up, the crowds (wheres buffalo letting these people sleep, for instance?), the money and the gameday experience are all on a different level.

even if you get all things equal, why wouldnt people want to spend that time in the best weather possible?

even if you get all things equal, why wouldnt people want to spend that time in the best weather possible?

So are you one of those that would advocate every team build a dome so people can stay warm and toasty instead of having to deal with a little weather? That is not the spirit of football at all. Having the final game of the season always be at a warm weather mamsy pamsy stadium is weak.

if you are spending upwards of 10k on tickets, flights, hotel.... for a 4-5 day vacation with a huge number of events around a city, you can bet that weather is a factor. ive attended an nfc championship game and lived in a super bowl host city both within the last couple years and the events are COMPLETELY different. the lead up, the crowds (wheres buffalo letting these people sleep, for instance?), the money and the gameday experience are all on a different level.

The biggest difference between the two is Championship games only have one week to prepare, whereas SB cities start the planning years before the game.

The biggest difference between the two is Championship games only have one week to prepare, whereas SB cities start the planning years before the game.

when you boil it all down, thats a pretty major piece of the discussion.

which is a pretty huge difference in what cities, and organizations can attempt to accomplish -- and what attendees have grown to expect. that can range from the half time show, to the number of 5 star hotel rooms within a 30 mile radius, to a venue to host the nfl experience, to transportation options and flight capacity in the city to.... just about anything.

to drop buffalo in competition with san francisco yesterday - weather wouldnt have even been the number one issue that buffalo would need to address (although it would be a factor in just about every aspect).

Edited by NoSaint

There are a very few cold weather cities that are capable of hosting Super Bowls and those cities are still under consideration.

Then there are cold weather cities which are incapable of hosting Super Bowls.

Buffalo shouldn't feel bad though. There will never be a Super Bowl in Green Bay or Cleveland either.

I can confidently say you would be in a minority of less than 1%(maybe even .5%). Nobody wants to attend a SB in freezing temps.

I can confidently say you would be in a minority of less than 1%(maybe even .5%). Nobody wants to attend a SB in freezing temps.

Lets be honest, outside of transportation convenience I don't think that even he would say "yea I would PREFER Cleveland, or pittsburgh over traditional sites like Miami, New Orleans, etc...." Even if he'd be ok with the cold or thinks a better rotation (which isn't a realistic answer) would be fair.

Edited by NoSaint

Santa Clara is to San Francisco what Orchard Park is to Buffalo.

My comapny's HQ is in the parking lot of that new stadium. The Bills should be in Super Bowl L so I may have to stay with this outfit a few more years.

Burlingame is to EssEff what OP is to BuffTown.

Santa Clara is more like Batavia, distance-wise.

JMO.

GO BILLSSS!!!!

57 and 0 baby!!!!! :beer:

Edited by The Senator