I "BILLLIEVE"

I know it's way too early to judge, but I have been a Bills fan since 1978 and this is the first time since the 90's that I Billlieve. Coach Marrone help resurrect Syracuse football, EJ Manuel helped resurrect FSU, and now they will resurrect my Buffalo Bills. I do not expect it to happen all at once, and there will be bumps, but it will happen. The old ways have been jettisoned at One Bills drive for a new exciting way. Coach Marrone and EJ Manuel have my trust, and it's theres to loose. I look foward to that Super Sunday in the near future when The Vince Lombari trophy makes its home at One Bills drive.

I know it's way too early to judge, but I have been a Bills fan since 1978 and this is the first time since the 90's that I Billlieve. Coach Marrone help resurrect Syracuse football, EJ Manuel helped resurrect FSU, and now they will resurrect my Buffalo Bills. I do not expect it to happen all at once, and there will be bumps, but it will happen. The old ways have been jettisoned at One Bills drive for a new exciting way. Coach Marrone and EJ Manuel have my trust, and it's theres to loose. I look foward to that Super Sunday in the near future when The Vince Lombari trophy makes its home at One Bills drive.

Thanks ! I have no choice but to be optimistic. Its going to be a fun ride with this bunch. :thumbsup:

Edited by jaybee

When I am on my deathbed many years from now, or even if something happened to me today, I sincerely doubt my last thoughts will include:

"Dammit, if only I'd been more realistic about the Bills chances in the off-season".

:lol: When you think about it that way, being "a realist" starts to approach absurd, doesn't it?

When I am on my deathbed many years from now, or even if something happened to me today, I sincerely doubt my last thoughts will include:

"Dammit, if only I'd been more realistic about the Bills chances in the off-season".

:lol: When you think about it that way, being "a realist" starts to approach absurd, doesn't it?

As Oscar Wilde supposedly said, "We're all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars."

For me it would never be any other way.

bless your heart. i have been a fan since '70 and i wish i could share your optimism...or, rather, your blind faith.

maybe if someone besides buddy was calling the shots...

There were players drafted this year who weren't "Buddy" players so I don't think he is calling all of the shots. Doug Marrone is not a "Buddy" coach, Chan is a Buddy coach. No matter you will see the Bills play entirely new style, enthusiasm and confidence. They have taken the first steps towards success.

bless your heart. i have been a fan since '70 and i wish i could share your optimism...or, rather, your blind faith.

maybe if someone besides buddy was calling the shots...

I was at the first game after Ralph bought the team in 1960.......do I get some kind of a special award?

Gold would be nice.......... :thumbsup:

Now let me answer the question, Do I BELIEVE......,,,,,,,,,,,ah, no.

--

Edited by HOUSE

I was at the first game after Ralph bought the team in 1960.......do I get some kind of a reward?

Gold would be nice.......... :thumbsup:

Now let me answer the question, Do I BELIEVE......no.

--

How about a brick of fools gold? :lol: Edited by shadowcat10

I Billieve every year, untill about week 10 when its all "mathematically" over for us. Usually that comes in the middle of a stretch of 7 for our last 8...as losses! GO BILLS!

Regardless, I love the Bills and always will. They're in my blood. Sometimes that sucks, but its kinda cool too. I've never wavered, even tho I was 12 the last time the Bills went to the playoffs. Every year I come back with optimism. Always will.

Ralph Wilson is the smartest guy in the world. Amazing how the same scenario plays out year after year. I root and follow, because i have for 40 years, but do not believe anymore. This franchise is structurally flawed, and until long term ownership is in place or a some kind of miraculous injury-free talent explosion occurs , it will continue to be the landing place for raw rookies, 2nd tier FAs and college or first time head coaches, leading to consistent mediocrity.

I'm starting to get on board for several reasons.

A new head coach with a winning track record, not an NFL retread or some assistant trying to get some HC experience on the job.

A real QB with prototypical size from a good football program.

No more meddling from Ralph. Good owner, not so good front office man.

Catching the Jets in rebuilding mode and New England on a down cycle. I think Miami plays us the toughest this year.

Every year there are new born again "Billievers"... I was a Billiever last year going into the season then I woke up to reality while I was being Boo'd entering Jets stadium week 1 and being congratulated as I left to beat traffic in the 3rd Quarter...

But I do like EJ a lot for what it's worth and HE in my opinion has to earn my trust and so does Coach Marrone, but Coach doesn't seem like he will disappoint... It's a breath of fresh air to have a coach like him honestly who's funny, knows the game and also has a no nonsense attitude about him...

There were players drafted this year who weren't "Buddy" players so I don't think he is calling all of the shots. Doug Marrone is not a "Buddy" coach, Chan is a Buddy coach. No matter you will see the Bills play entirely new style, enthusiasm and confidence. They have taken the first steps towards success.

I'm not so sure Buddy deserves all the "credit" for the types of players drafted over the last 3 years. I think Nix went after guys Gailey wanted to work with, just as he went after guys Marrone wanted to work with. Nix is just getting the players to his coaches, but I think his coaches are the ones deciding what type of players they want brought in.

Every year there are new born again "Billievers"... I was a Billiever last year going into the season then I woke up to reality while I was being Boo'd entering Jets stadium week 1 and being congratulated as I left to beat traffic in the 3rd Quarter...

But I do like EJ a lot for what it's worth and HE in my opinion has to earn my trust and so does Coach Marrone, but Coach doesn't seem like he will disappoint... It's a breath of fresh air to have a coach like him honestly who's funny, knows the game and also has a no nonsense attitude about him...

I think New England is in for a BIG surprise in week one.

You just couldn't ask for a better start to a story book season. Getting thrown right into the fire week 1 at home. Against the mighty Patriots. This is gonna be great. If...by some act of God we win this game,,,,oh my....where could it go from there.

Huge game with potential playoff implications week one. I want to see New England play an outstanding game week one......in a losing cause.... and I dont want to see ANYONE from EITHER team get injured.

I'd rather see us beat the best of the best when they are at full strength.

Kul-aid is a great drug and I aint quitting any time soon !!

jb

There were players drafted this year who weren't "Buddy" players so I don't think he is calling all of the shots.

I'm not so sure Buddy deserves all the "credit" for the types of players drafted over the last 3 years. I think Nix went after guys Gailey wanted to work with, just as he went after guys Marrone wanted to work with. Nix is just getting the players to his coaches, but I think his coaches are the ones deciding what type of players they want brought in.

You saved me a lot of typing. Agreed.

I CANNOT wait.