Should Farve retire??

Should Brett Farve call it quits??  

62 members have voted

1. 1. Should Brett Farve call it quits??

• Brett should retire and be proud of his career.
    • Brett should not retire after yesterdays performance.

This situation really reminds me of Jim's last game, that home loss to the Jaquars. Obviously, he was longer at the top of his game, but could he have come back the next season and helped us win some games? Of course. But I think he had just had enough. Jim had a long and successful professional football career. Did he go out on a losing note...unfortunately, yes. But he did so as a starter, and not a "veteran backup." Just as I couldn't have seen Jim being anyones backup, I can't see Favre doing that either.

I think its time for Brett to hang 'em up...and to do so proudly...the Super Bowl winning starter of a fabled NFL franchise.

Brett should not retire after yesterdays performance.

Thats a lead in question-hardly unobjective. Favre most definately stunk up the joint last night and had one other poor performance on primetime this year but he also lit up Carolina on primetime and posted these numbers this year-

Brett 540 346 64.1% 4088 yards 7.57 Yard per pass 30 TD 17INT 92.4 rating 4 fumbles zero lost

Drew 450 256 56.9% 2932 yards 6.52 Yards per pass 20 TD 16 INT 76.6 rating 9 fumbles- 5 lost

If you want to base Bretts season on one game that is not fair. If you still want Brett to retire please compare his 2004 with Bledsoes

Thats a lead in question-hardly unobjective.  Favre most definately stunk up the joint last night and had one other poor performance on primetime this year but he also lit up Carolina on primetime and posted these numbers this year-

Brett 540 346 64.1% 4088 yards 7.57 Yard per pass 30 TD 17INT  92.4 rating 4 fumbles zero lost

Drew 450 256 56.9% 2932 yards 6.52 Yards per pass 20 TD 16 INT 76.6 rating 9 fumbles- 5 lost

If you want to base Bretts season on one game that is not fair.  If you still want Brett to retire please compare his 2004 with Bledsoes

200962[/snapback]

I understand completely what you're saying. It wasn't meant to be that way. The only reason I worded it the way I did was because of his post game interview. He talked of walking away with a bad taste in his mouth due to that performance.

Favre should only retire if he wants to, not because some idiot talking heads, and sports talk radio hacks say he is "washed up". Favre had a crappy game last night, and has played pretty below par his last few playoff appearences. He still had a more than respectable regular season, and guided his mediocre team to 10 wins. I blame his playoff performances as much on his coach/GM as I do him. The last few seasons, the media, and Favre declare that the Packers' are Ahman Green's team now....what a laugh! Green is a fine running back, but when push comes to shove, Sherman and company always lean on Favre to win games for them.

Brett Favre has always been an impulsive QB. He makes nearly as many stupid plays as he deos great plays, but in the clutch he has been far more successful than not. Until Sherman is committed to building a reliable defense, and surrounding Favre with better talent, take the game out of his hands every week, he will not win another Super Bowl.

If thePackers come to their senses, and make an effort to build a "win one for Brett team" (ala what the Broncos did with Elway) I belive that Favre is far from washed up, and in the right scheme, is still one of the very elite QB's in the leauge. How long his body holds up, who knows. But, based on this season, and not just yesterdays loss in the playoffs (the Pack was banged up pretty bad at receiver, ignored Green in the game plan, and the defense was horrid the first half), Favre appears to have a lot left in the tank....imagine him with the Broncos, or a real coach....remember how everyone had written off Elway around 1996 or so...Elway with the right talent, ended a remarkable career with two of his finest seasons ever...

I expect him to retire because he has alot of family things going on in his life, not because he is washed up. I still think Favre is a very productive QB and that he is surrounded by a poor offense besides Jevon Walker. As soon as he realizes he has nothing to gain anymore, I expect him to announce it.

I just want to add- the day Brett Favre retires the next season the Packers will be a below .500 team. For years. Write that in stone.

The converse of that is I beleive the Bills will be a much improved team once Drew is no longer our QB.

Besides Manning, Favre is the only 'great' still playing and that speaks volumes for the league in general.

201036[/snapback]

I think you have to throw McNabb into a class that includes Manning. Neither are in Farve's league, at least not yet.

That said, I'd rather go out like Kelly than Marino. In all of Kelly's years as QB, he was never awful. What does Farve have to play for? He's rich, got the rings, and his team is mediocre. He's not going to win another SB...