Official John Murphy Show Thread

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both of those were very interesting interviews...honestly, this group of players we've brought in over the last several months is VERY interesting to me. Chances are only a few will work out, but it's been a long time since we had so many quality prospects with this sort of potential. I think the Duke Williams pick could really end up being a gem for us, cause he's the sort of player who could really flourish in Pettine's scheme.

Shuler has been passed around like a VD, but sounds like he's really only seen the field very briefly for the Dolphins a couple years ago. Certainly has the football heritage with his father, who apparently was a Bills killer according to Murph, so will be interesting to see if he does anything for us at all.

I just have a feeling this team is going to look COMPLETELY different this season...probably lots of young player mistakes, but also lots of high energy and aggression. I really am psyched for September! Hell, I'm psyched for AUGUST, actually....this will be one of the most intriguing preseasons in a very long time.

Both of those were very interesting interviews...honestly, this group of players we've brought in over the last several months is VERY interesting to me. Chances are only a few will work out, but it's been a long time since we had so many quality prospects with this sort of potential. I think the Duke Williams pick could really end up being a gem for us, cause he's the sort of player who could really flourish in Pettine's scheme.

Shuler has been passed around like a VD, but sounds like he's really only seen the field very briefly for the Dolphins a couple years ago. Certainly has the football heritage with his father, who apparently was a Bills killer according to Murph, so will be interesting to see if he does anything for us at all.

I just have a feeling this team is going to look COMPLETELY different this season...probably lots of young player mistakes, but also lots of high energy and aggression. I really am psyched for September! Hell, I'm psyched for AUGUST, actually....this will be one of the most intriguing preseasons in a very long time.

I thought I was the only one who actually enjoys pre-season games! :thumbsup:

I thought I was the only one who actually enjoys pre-season games! :thumbsup:

haha, I guess Im weird, cause I get really excited to see what the young kids are going to do...I love the preseason! Glad to know I'm not alone! :)

I seem to always get fired up when it comes to player movement in general, whether it's free agency, the draft, etc. So the preseason sort of represents the "results" of all that hard work to bring talent in here...and I love seeing early signs of whether someone will be a player or a bust...not that it's an exact science, it's just interesting.

haha, I guess Im weird, cause I get really excited to see what the young kids are going to do...I love the preseason! Glad to know I'm not alone! :)

I seem to always get fired up when it comes to player movement in general, whether it's free agency, the draft, etc. So the preseason sort of represents the "results" of all that hard work to bring talent in here...and I love seeing early signs of whether someone will be a player or a bust...not that it's an exact science, it's just interesting.

Yeah, I will admit, as I get older, I pay less attention to other teams pre-season games (I used to watch pretty much all the nationally televised games), but I really look forward to the Bills games still. This will be my first pre-season with the NFL Network, so really looking forward to be seeig all of the Bills games, even if it is on tape delay. Years past, I would only get to see 1 or 2 every year.

I know pre-season games are not the "real thing", but when I was a kid, we had a big family, and little money, so going to a pre-season game was a big deal to me. I still enjoy them...just the end of summer, kind of a pre-curser to fall, my favorite time of year, for so many reasons.

Yeah, I will admit, as I get older, I pay less attention to other teams pre-season games (I used to watch pretty much all the nationally televised games), but I really look forward to the Bills games still. This will be my first pre-season with the NFL Network, so really looking forward to be seeig all of the Bills games, even if it is on tape delay. Years past, I would only get to see 1 or 2 every year.

I know pre-season games are not the "real thing", but when I was a kid, we had a big family, and little money, so going to a pre-season game was a big deal to me. I still enjoy them...just the end of summer, kind of a pre-curser to fall, my favorite time of year, for so many reasons.

We're definitely very similar in that regard...there's just something about the Fall where I just feel good, you know? I love the cooler weather (living in ATL), the changes in the trees, and of course the start of college and NFL ball. It just feels different than any other time of year...Sept and Oct are easily my two favorite months.

You're going to love the coverage on NFL Network...I couldnt' be without it. I rarely even turn on ESPN anymore except for when there is a game I want to see. On the days I work from home I have NFLN on pretty much the entire 10 hr shift, and in the days leading up to and during the draft, I had the damn thing on for days at a time. I'd be lost without it!

Hey training camp starts in July.

Good point...Im psyched for July too!

Apparently Murph is going to discuss the Eagles and the NFL in China tonight...must be a slow news day!

@JohnMurphyShow

Robert Woods Is Learning From Stevie Johnson - Bills wide receiver Robert Woods joined the John Murphy Show after ... http://ow.ly/2x1HDF

Can't wait to listen to the show tonight...obviously it's way early, but I think a lot of us just have a feeling that we picked a special player in Robert Woods. Tavon Austin may end up being the next big playmaker in the league, but it wouldn't surprise me if Wood became a more prolific receiver with all sorts of "clutch".