[closed]Positive outlook on round 1

I've been the biggest Bills basher for years. I only watch a few games a year, cause year after year I lose faith in the organization doing the right thing. However last night for the first time since we traded for Drew Bledsoe i truly got excited. In a draft with no clear front running QB. The Bills picked the biggest most athletic QB with the concensus highest ceiling. They also picked up another 2nd which is HUGE for a team that needs as many picks as possible. I know a few organizations had Manuel as the #1 QB. This has got to be the best first round draft day since John Butler was our GM.

I've been the biggest Bills basher for years. I only watch a few games a year, cause year after year I lose faith in the organization doing the right thing. However last night for the first time since we traded for Drew Bledsoe i truly got excited. In a draft with no clear front running QB. The Bills picked the biggest most athletic QB with the concensus highest ceiling. They also picked up another 2nd which is HUGE for a team that needs as many picks as possible. I know a few organizations had Manuel as the #1 QB. This has got to be the best first round draft day since John Butler was our GM.

I'm sorry but there is no room here for this kind of thinking. You need to blast Nix and the FO for what they did last night. Please follow along.

Who knows about EJ. Time will tell whether he's a boom or a bust.

I probably haven't felt this way since 2001 draft. In that draft, you knew that Donahoe was playing everything really shrewdly and getting great value, as well as the players he wanted. He traded down in the 1st, landed Nate Clements, and then grabbed Schobel and Henry in the second (and I think Jennings in the 3rd).

To get their top-rated QB and an extra 2nd round pick is pretty exciting.

I know nothing about Manuel, but after reading more about him today, what's not to like? Smarts, accuracy, size, speed, arm strength, winner, leader, coachable.