Falcons trying to trade up in the NFL draft

papazoid

Yes they do big time. My hope is one of the stud defensive play makers slips to the Bills and the Falcons want to jump up so big.

On a side note- the thought is the Falcons may wait till after the draft and see how things shake out and bring Abraham back. Ryan should have a new contract done by June. This could free up the $2-3mil to bring Abraham back. The Falcons are very much treating this as a Super Bowl or bust year.

I'd like to see Abraham come back.

He is still a very capable pass rusher.

So odd that it was in late June that he signed a 3-year deal to remain with the Falcons. Then less than 8 months later he's released.

Most of these football players have very little job security.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reports today the falcons have agreed to terms on a trade to #3, pending their player being there. Multiple picks AND players in the package.

Ill link when I track the report back down

As far as I can tell this is the root source - not great but seems to have (or atleast claims to and may have just made some lucky/educated guesses) sources with the raiders, and Atlanta. Is a little to incarcerated bob/pfc/bleacher for me to really count on but it's got some steam in NFC south circles too

https://mobile.twitter.com/DConnollyNFL

Edited by NoSaint

yet, if johnny football is half the prospect you think he is - if he is, why would any team at the top of the draft pass on him?

Interesting.

We are exactly one year out from the RG3 trade. Are you saying nobody would be willing to do it now? As I said, interesting, because I wouldn't have done it...then.

The Rams are really hating that trade :rolleyes:. http://www.washingto...c4b4_story.html

“The fun part about that one is it’s still going and we haven’t even gotten to this year yet,” Snead said in an interview with The Associated Press. “Those picks, they keep me up late, wake me up in the middle of the night, get me up early out of pure excitement. I’m jacked about that thing every day.”

It's the dumbest trade in history, and, it isn't even over yet. It's going to be very fun to see what people say, who should easily have known better given that it comes from Dan Snyder and the Ultimate Leader, and if they say it's..."amazing"...if/when Jeff Fisher's Rams win a playoff game, before the Ultimate Leader's Redskins.