Awesome Space Video of the Day

WCIP - - thought you might appreciate this:

:lol: :lol:

Thank you, love Carlin and somehow missed that bit!

is that actual video or an animated depiction? if real that is so damned cool, and i still don't have a clue what was happening....

I thought it was a time lapse kind of thing, but they don't really say in the article unless I missed it.

I thought it was a time lapse kind of thing, but they don't really say in the article unless I missed it.

From the caption under the still "picture" near the top of the link:

The black hole at the center of galaxy NGC 4845 is seen snacking on a giant gas planet or "failed star" in this screenshot from an ESA animation.

We need to let ESA borrow a drone for a couple days so they can send it up there to take real photos.

From the caption under the still "picture" near the top of the link:

We need to let ESA borrow a drone for a couple days so they can send it up there to take real photos.

Good catch. And I agree. Or we can just call up the Majestic 12 and get them to let us use the TR-3B

693244_f520.jpg

Edited by We Come In Peace

That was actually my response to that one bit. Yeah, mankind has done some !@#$ed up **** so let's do a "comedy" bit about it. :rolleyes:

He was always a philosopher-comic. Then again, the best comics usually are. It's just Carlin's philosophies were pretty nihilistic, which certainly can rub folks the wrong way.

He was always a philosopher-comic. Then again, the best comics usually are. It's just Carlin's philosophies were pretty nihilistic, which certainly can rub folks the wrong way.

I was actually channeling Carl Sagan on that one.

If there's one thing that humanity should strive for is space exploration. I'm all for the matching color coded space suits.