Carlos Beltran free to sign with anyone

millbank

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Carlos Beltran is free to sign with team of his choice as he did not agree with Astro's by midnight.......

The fan new york says, both Astros and Puerto Rico televison say he will sign with Mets

Carlos Beltran

198985[/snapback]

I feel bad for the Astros. By all accounts, they never had a chance. In an interview I heard tonight with the Stros GM, they have not been permitted to speak with Beltran since December 22! Moreover, they were not permitted to meet with him in Peurto Rico at all. Yet, the freakin' Mets have met with him at least once there and have been speaking with him regularly. The Stros GM said they were sort of barraged by a bunch of last minute complexities that almost seems intentional on Boras' part.

I think the reason is obvious. Boras wants his client to sign the biggest deal, period and in the biggest market. It doesn't matter that based on the difference in taxation between New York and Texas that the deals that were last quoted were virtually identical. I think Boras kept Beltran in PR where the Stros couldn't sell him on the organization and the city as additional reasons to stay with the Stros. For Boras, it is and will always be all about the money. I hate the MF!

I am a Red Sox fan first, but living here in Houiston I am also an Astros fan and I hate to see them played with like this. I wish they had blown Beltran off from the beginning. They would have been better served improving their rotation, their bullpen and improvoing their roster with players now long off the market.

more on Beltran:

Despite a record contract offer from the Astros, free agent Carlos Beltran will not play for the team next season.

Beltran, the 27-year-old center fielder who helped the Astros to their first playoff series win and captivated the city's baseball fans with his amazing array of skills, turned down the biggest contract in Astros history just a few minutes before an 11 p.m. Saturday deadline and chose to sign with the New York Mets.

"It slipped through our fingers in the last, last few minutes," said Astros owner Drayton McLane, who was told by Beltran's agent that Beltran was finalizing his deal with the Mets. "It was just some sticking points. It should never, never have gotten to this."

- Its to bad there was not a way for him to stay in Kansas City really, time will tell if Beltran is stupid, Omar Minaya is a very capable baseball person who if he is left alone to do the job will do it very well and have the Mets a winner soon enough. Interestingly if they get Beltran signed its said Carlos Delgado is next , they are going to have beefed up team they will be very tough in east next season .

Carlos Beltran

Carlos Beltran is free to sign with team of his choice as he did not agree with Astro's by midnight.......

The fan new york says, both Astros and Puerto Rico televison say he will sign with Mets

Carlos Beltran

198985[/snapback]

His agent scott boras is asking for 100 million. Greedy Idiot.

Whazzamatta? You Skank fans aint getting a new toy this year? Wittle Wandy isnt enough to keep all you wittle boys satwisfied in your pwaypwens? Spoiled brats.

Let someone ELSE eat from the buffet table, you bunch of fat, gluttonous slobs.

Whazzamatta? You Skank fans aint getting a new toy this year? Wittle Wandy isnt enough to keep all you wittle boys satwisfied in your pwaypwens? Spoiled brats.

Let someone ELSE eat from the buffet table, you bunch of fat, gluttonous slobs.

:lol:

<_<

:doh:

:unsure:

Yankees fans are just upset and can't vent their frustration in the right place. Blame gluttonous George boys!

Until the Yankees go back to developing their team like they did when they won their rings instead of overpaying for every steroid freak and/or aging "superstar" they will never win the World Series again. They may make the playoffs, but are doomed to be exposed in embarrassing fashion just like the last 4 years.

No heart (ARod, Giambi, Vazquez, etc, etc) will never equal the quality team players they had in Brosius, Oneill, younger Tino, etc.

Sorry guys, but get used to the disappointment!

Yankees fans are just upset and can't vent their frustration in  the right place.  Blame gluttonous George boys! 

Until the Yankees go back to developing their team like they did when they won their rings instead of overpaying for every steroid freak and/or aging "superstar" they will never win the World Series again.  They may make the playoffs, but are doomed to be exposed in embarrassing fashion just like the last 4 years.

No heart (ARod, Giambi, Vazquez, etc, etc) will never equal the quality team players they had in Brosius, Oneill, younger Tino, etc.

Sorry guys, but get used to the disappointment!

199094[/snapback]

Don't kid yourselves. If George wanted him you know he'd get him. Hey Im glad the Mets are spending money. It's nice to see them going shopping without coupons.