Gibson interested in bills but bills never called

NishP

A source informed me shortly after wide receiver Brandon Gibson signed a three-year deal with the Dolphins that Gibson wanted to play with his buddy, Bills receiver Stevie Johnson. The sentiment was mutual, based on what Johnson told the NFL Network about Gibson last week.

But the Bills, said the source, never reached out.

Source: Buffalo News

By: Tim Grahmn

Buddy called him a 100 times but must have had the wrong number lol

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think any WR has been an absolute star in his rookie season... Even the great ones seem to need that first season to wet their feet. Maybe they are putting their money on Easley and Graham or worse we're in full rebuild mode again and will tank the season.

To me, and I would have been interested in Gibson myself for the right price, it was simply a matter of the Bills didn't want him for the money he was asking. He was reportedly asking for $6m a year. The Bills likely were informed of his parameters and said no thanks. I'd imagine he got about 5 mil a year for the first two years of his Dolphin contract. The Bills probably thought that was way too much for a player like that.

I'm not just sticking up for the team. If we find out that Gibson signed for 3-4m a season I will be pissed that we didn't go after him. We need at least two new WR that can play right away. Rookie WR often don't do much. I still am interested in Hayward-Bey.

:thumbsup:

He also said "your best rookies are last year's rookies" meaning that many players make their biggest jumps between their first and second years.

lets hope!

Quite frankly, if Brandon Gibson is the level of talent we're looking for in a WR we should probably re-sign David Nelson. He's not the difference-maker I'd like to see on the team

yuuuup!

Buddy called him a 100 times but must have had the wrong number lol

Buddy is still on the phone doing his background & character check with Manti's girlfriend . . . she just keeps calling

Gibson signed for less than $10m over three years, with $3.75 guaranteed. That's not a ton of money for a #3 WR and he would have been #2 or #3 on the Bills. We should have called him and discussed contract with him for that money. Maybe Marrone and Hackett are only looking for guys with good RAC skills in this offense, but that would be the only reason. He's pretty good from what I have seen. Not great, but good, and we need four.

I really hope they bring back David Nelson now, and I'd still like another FA like Heyward-Bey.

Finally got my hands on Brandon Gibson's deal: 3 years, $9.78m. Got $3.75m guaranteed: $3m signing bonus, $750k base salary