Taxes and What not

But i guess i really need to look in the mirror and get to the root of the problem

That would be a start. Let's remember this thread started with you expousing misguided and uninformed assumptions about corporate taxation, yet another part of the "victim of the corporate boogyman" mentality.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

. i need to take responsibility for my actions and quit blaming the right to work law defects which would have sent me right back to the job in HSBC's case in a decent state with a normal law against unfair termination.

So you got fired for showing up to work on time, and you're arguing that if you weren't in a right to work state, the company would not have unfairly terminated your employment but sent you to another state where it would be equally difficult to unfairly terminate your employment because you show up to work on time? Am I following this right?

I guarantee there's more to the story you are telling.

If I was an attorney and you came to me with this complaint, I wouldn't help you either. I'd probably give you some lame response that absolves me from taking your case. Something like: "there's nothing I can do as this is a right to work state" would probably work well.

you must not want new clients then.......both scenarios are pretty black and white.....i can recap them again with broader detail if needed

I don't understand how this is that difficult for some of you to comprehend. Take off the tin foil hats, I am not speaking for the world here. I am talking about one person's experience in regards to what can happen and does happen in right to work states.

exhibit A----ask for social security # as part of the job details

exhibit B-----show up to work on time and get fired for being 4 hours late.

Pretty simple stuff........leave your assumptions and false takes at the door. Some things really are this simple.

So you got fired for showing up to work on time, and you're arguing that if you weren't in a right to work state, the company would not have unfairly terminated your employment but sent you to another state where it would be equally difficult to unfairly terminate your employment because you show up to work on time? Am I following this right?

im no lawyer but i would assume a judge in another state would say....."hey mr ryan l billz, you were terminated due to Manager X's aloofness, she was a little out of it with babymaking and all, your job has been reinstated"

instead of guess what jack? you have been terminated due to someone else's error and enjoy homelessness sir.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

no sir......this is how ya talk on the interwebs ya see.

but another good attempt at naysaying never the less......if you are anything its persistent :thumbsup:

I think we all know how moody those pregnant bosses can be, am I right or am I right? Can't wait to fire some guy and make him homeless. It's all them hormones driving 'em crazy, right? Damn babymaking bitches.

are you the HR/PC police now? fighting for the rights of women?

as i said before and you convieniently forgot over the course of .00005 seconds. I made no disparaging remarks in regards to any (women/gays/religious/political entities) while at the job.

i know how to act in an office environment. Keep your PC crap to yourself, theres a man at work here.

I think we all know how moody those pregnant bosses can be, am I right or am I right? Can't wait to fire some guy and make him homeless. It's all them hormones driving 'em crazy, right? Damn babymaking bitches.

My bet is her baby daddy cheated on her. Plus it's a B word to go back on the rag after being off it for 9-10 months.

My bet is her baby daddy cheated on her. Plus it's a B word to go back on the rag after being off it for 9-10 months.

And you know she's probably cranky for all that extra weight she put on. Stretch marks.Sagging boobs.

Damn babymaking bitches.

are you the HR/PC police now? fighting for the rights of women?

as i said before and you convieniently forgot over the course of .00005 seconds. I made no disparaging remarks in regards to any (women/gays/religious/political entities) while at the job.

i know how to act in an office environment. Keep your PC crap to yourself, theres a man at work here.

The problem is, you think you're a good enough actor to cover up your distain for your boss, or women or whatever else, but you're just not. Eventually your real feelings and attitude come out.

The problem is, you think you're a good enough actor to cover up your distain for your boss, or women or whatever else, but you're just not. Eventually your real feelings and attitude come out.

geez you are so right....you have amazing powers to see right through people huh?

i don't have any disdain for women there are no real feelings that would be an issue in any corporate environment.

lets carryon further into nonsenseville.........lot of interesting theories Evil womanizing actor checking back in coach.

I hope my current bosses don't find out about my fetishes and deep nazi subculture that i spend everyday with. Mein Kamph is my tour guide in life :rolleyes:

geico----asking someone for the social security number (as required by the job). customer got heated and decided to go elsewhere

reason for termination---talked customer out of getting a quote?

HSBC----pregnant manager gone during my first few months there..........interim manager knew my schedule............pregnant manager comes back doesn't know my schedule.............fires me for showing up on time as she had my schedule wrong--stated i was 4 hours late.

guess HSBC is going down for all sorts of questionable stuff anyways F em.

right to work state.......worker gets one in the rear.

If you are non-union you work at your employers discretion and can be fired for any reason except race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, or age- my guess is you were under the delusion that job performance was the only or main factor in keeping your job and general advancement- this is almost never the case in my experience - adequate performance and making your superiors feel well liked and respected maybe even admired are the keys, after that grooming, buzzwords, and the ability to make yourself always look busy are important. My guess is you felt smarter than your bosses and did a piss poor job of covering it up. Also a general bad attitude will get you canned, my friend also worked at HSBC as a programmer, his first five years were wonderful, lots of raises a couple promotions, well then HSBC started outsourcing programing to India and after a while those raises and promotions dried up and a little while later people were being laid off and my friend who was always right-wing and anti-union was now both angry and scared which visible changed his demeanor and along with his talk about organizing probably facilitated the job loss he was afraid of.

geico----asking someone for the social security number (as required by the job). customer got heated and decided to go elsewhere

reason for termination---talked customer out of getting a quote?

HSBC----pregnant manager gone during my first few months there..........interim manager knew my schedule............pregnant manager comes back doesn't know my schedule.............fires me for showing up on time as she had my schedule wrong--stated i was 4 hours late.

guess HSBC is going down for all sorts of questionable stuff anyways F em.

right to work state.......worker gets one in the rear.

bull ****. You don't get fired for being late once or having one customer go nuts on you. You get fired for having a pattern of poor behavior with full documentation of such in the hands of HR.

If you think you got fired for being late once, you deserved to be fired...for being a complete fool.

Yes, wouldn't it be a wonderful world if everyone had a union! In my town they recently caught one of the highway dept employees driving a town snowplow drunk. Punishment? Nothing. Union contract doesn't specifically say "driving snowplow while drunk" is a fireable offense. lol Little wonder the sane portion of the world has driven these union scumbags to the brink of extinction.

geez you are so right....you have amazing powers to see right through people huh?

In your case, it's not that hard.

i don't have any disdain for women there are no real feelings that would be an issue in any corporate environment.

Your history would suggest otherwise. You can barely contain your hostility in this thread.

lets carryon further into nonsenseville.........lot of interesting theories Evil womanizing actor checking back in coach.

I hope my current bosses don't find out about my fetishes and deep nazi subculture that i spend everyday with. Mein Kamph is my tour guide in life :rolleyes:

And your juvenile habit of making irrelevant and outlandish strawmen to describe either yourself or others probably doesn't win many friends in the workplace either. Mein Kamph? WTF?

Hey dude, you brought all this up. Don't be pissed at people for trying to inject a little reality into your outlook.

bull ****. You don't get fired for being late once or having one customer go nuts on you. You get fired for having a pattern of poor behavior with full documentation of such in the hands of HR.

If you think you got fired for being late once, you deserved to be fired...for being a complete fool.

bull truth buddy.......there were no prior offenses or files/warnings in the HR dept......i have a ton of friends who still work there.......and my termination was one of many who were axed at the time by this one Manager. (she was only manager without a degree which made no sense to a bunch at the time as it was a somewhat esteemed position where 95% had degrees) Needless to say she is no longer with the company.

and DC Tom yes you are correct as i was warned by the HSBC folks about being late had a alarm clock issue early in my tenure there, they had a policy however i was canned due to someone elses aloofness. i get the whole 3 strike thing......but my 3rd strike was way outside the strikezone.

and KD in CT.......im not pissed........just having a little fun here.......as good/bad as some of the assumptions are I do appreciate the feedback.

The whole womanizing/evil hidden agenda stuff in regards to me is very far fetched though for the record....you and LA billzfan are stretching that aspect a little too far.

these are all in the past..........but i was very bitter about Geico as most of my close friends have made a decent living there over the years.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

i was warned by the HSBC folks about being late had a alarm clock issue early in my tenure there

An alarm clock issue. The slacker's attempt at re-purposing "the dog ate my homework."

There will come a time in your life when you will hear someone else say "It's not my fault. My alarm clock didn't go off," and you'll suddenly think to yourself, "Damn, that DOES sound stupid."

correct.........hence the whole 3 strike policy.......but i will have you know there is such a thing as a power outage (pre smartphone lives) that was a cause of oversleep once........i feel the way you do now as the alarm clock is just a BS excuse.

when i knew the 3rd strike was an issue I was never going to get to that 3rd strike...........however that umpire in HR had a wide strike zone.

which is my beef.

Edited by Ryan L Billz