Brandon Gibson video

Saw this on the Bills board. This is what's great about youtube. It's every target thrown to Brandon Gibson last year, including penalties and stuff that didn't count. Gives a very good indication of what kind of player he is. A lot of great catches and plays, a few too many drops. But I was lukewarm on him before seeing this, and wouldn't be against us signing him after watching it. He's got talent and we need talent at that position.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9AvwKIJMHH8

The Ram's, desperate for WRs see him as only a #3 or #4. They're comfortable letting him walk, apparently.

If FA is about bringing your team to the next level, why would he be a consideration? If FA is about simply filling holes, by all means, have at it.

Right now the bills have Stevie, TJ, & Smith. Is Gibson clearly a quantum leap in performance over any of them?

The Ram's, desperate for WRs see him as only a #3 or #4. They're comfortable letting him walk, apparently.

If FA is about bringing your team to the next level, why would he be a consideration? If FA is about simply filling holes, by all means, have at it.

Right now the bills have Stevie, TJ, & Smith. Is Gibson clearly a quantum leap in performance over any of them?

Well he's clearly better than TJ and Smith, and would easily be our #2 WR. We drastically need help at that position. We're not getting Wallace and highly unlikely to get Jennings. I doubt we go after let alone get Welker. I don't want Edelman. I'm not too high at all on Massouqi. There isn't really a lot of talent out there. Gibson has talent.

Our best strategy may be to go out and sign Bennett or Cook as TEs and use them split out as big WRs, especially if Chandler comes back by the opener. But I haven't seen any indication of that.

Well he's clearly better than TJ and Smith, and would easily be our #2 WR.

Agreed. I like the body control he showed in those highlights. He'd be an affordable complementary #2, with TJ as the outside speed guy and Smith the change of pace swingman. Add a draftee in the mix as well as a good down the field TE option like Cook or Bennett and the receiving corps would be solid, if unspectacular.

Well he's clearly better than TJ and Smith, and would easily be our #2 WR. We drastically need help at that position. We're not getting Wallace and highly unlikely to get Jennings. I doubt we go after let alone get Welker. I don't want Edelman. I'm not too high at all on Massouqi. There isn't really a lot of talent out there. Gibson has talent.

Our best strategy may be to go out and sign Bennett or Cook as TEs and use them split out as big WRs, especially if Chandler comes back by the opener. But I haven't seen any indication of that.

1) who has the higher ceiling, tj or gibson?

2) Smith fills 3 rolls in one body.

3) we have a #2. We need a #1

1) who has the higher ceiling, tj or gibson?

2) Smith fills 3 rolls in one body.

3) we have a #2. We need a #1

A true #1 free agent (Wallace, Jennings, Cruz, Bolden if he's released) would never sign here with the current unresolved QB situation, IMO.

Better to go after guys like Gibson who can develop like Stevie did than overpay for production earned with top-10 QBs who won't be throwing to these kind guys in Buffalo..

Saw this on the Bills board. This is what's great about youtube. It's every target thrown to Brandon Gibson last year, including penalties and stuff that didn't count. Gives a very good indication of what kind of player he is. A lot of great catches and plays, a few too many drops. But I was lukewarm on him before seeing this, and wouldn't be against us signing him after watching it. He's got talent and we need talent at that position.

Not that I rate my own opinion in these particular matters......but for what it's worth, based upon our list of needs, our cap situation, and value for money......Gibson is my #1 choice as a FA WR.

Nice routes with a lot of separation

Excellent field awareness

Plays bigger than his 6'

Good focus and concentration

No hesitation when its time to get physical

He's not going to blow anybody away with his speed or size but he's a baller and I'd have no problem seeing him in a Bills uni.