OUCH! Patsie's chances at another Super Bowl

Guest RabidBillsFanVT

WOULDN'T YOU take cap hell for a couple years to win TWO Super Bowls???

HUGHBETCHAFINA$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Risk vs. reward, I guess! :D

wow thats a HUGE cap hit!!!

Think the Bills may be able to get him, do the Bills have a good amt of cap space??

197601[/snapback]

i see 3 choices...

restructure (see below)

or cut (i remember Law and the team having problems lass off season).

or trade

unless he restructres, he wont get traded with that cap hit. and i dont see him on the team with that cap #.

i say they cut him. :D ( i still say he should have 2 SB MVP awards).

what did they lose, 1 game without him? won't matter.

197614[/snapback]

You're incorrect. They needed him this post season. If the Colts match up against the Pats and there is a pretty good chance of that happening, Manning could throw for a handful of touchdowns.

This is bad news for the Patriots, who have schemed their way to only losing twice with their best db out. The first loss was big w/o Law - the Steelers exploited that weakness early with Burress going deep for scores, then hammered away with their strong offensive line with Duce and the Bus. They gave up some big plays against the dolphins in that loss as well - most notably 4th and 10, Thompson beat Troy Brown one-on-one for the game-winning TD. The Pats with Crennel and Belichek are masters at scheming their defense to exploit the flaws of the offense - while Manning and Tom Moore do the same thing for their offense against opposing defenses. If you recall in week 1 I believe the Colts ran one entire drive, finishing with a Rhodes TD, exploiting a Pats rushing D w/o Big Ted. Two costly fumbles by Edge and a miss by Vandy basically gave that game away - and Manning had a subpar performance by his standards.

If they face Manning next week, they will need to get to him quick and often, otherwise it may be just like the Steelers game. Couple big passing plays early followed by a mix of run and pass. The Colts have a top 5 OLine in the league - and with out Seymour (he is still out correct?) the Pats lose another big defensive playmaker. Should be a very intriguing matchup, with both sides out for blood. The Colts should beat Denver and then we'll be set for a big game next week.