Proposed Draft Pick trade with San Fran

Now San Fran has their #1 (31) and KC #2 (34). at last count they have 15 picks in this draft so they arent drafting 15 players. They will be more inclinded to use them to trade up or trade for future picks.

What I would propose if I was Buffalo....

To BUF: SF 1st round, high 3rd round (from Carolina) and one of their 6th round

TO SF: BUF #1 in 2014

An add on to this would be conditional 2014 picks could go either way of the BUF pick is a top 10 pick, and more to SF if BUF makes the playoffs, thus pick 20-32.

If you assume Buffalo would be 14-18 in draft order next year, the value of that pick is around 1000 pts while the point totals of these picks equates to around 900 pts.

Trade away a first rounder that may very likely be a top 10 pick next year, for the 31st pick overall............probably not a good idea. I'm not a big fan of trading away future #1's unless you're getting a stud, think what the Falcons did with Julio Jones. If the Bills absolutely loved a QB and had to part with a future 1st round pick to get him, I could understand the logic. But to part with one for the 31st pick would be a head scratcher. Why not just trade your 2nd and 3rd to get back up rather than part with next years #1. For a team that has so many holes to fill I think it's best for the Bills to consider trading down rather than up.

Trading down is for teams that can afford to trade down. You remember, when the BILLS would consistently make the playoffs..... those were when they could afford to trade down. Not now. SF, NE, ATL etc are teams that can afford to trade down.

No way. Next year is the year Buffalo needs to get their Franchise QB. There actually will be quality talent available in that draft, not a group of long shots, mediocre and backup quality QB talent available in this year's draft. We need more picks to trade our way up to that QB next year, not less valuable picks next year.

This would be silly and we lose. We need value as much as possible for each pick taking bpa each year. Forget about need as was posted in another thread, i.e. Troup (remember we couldv'e had Gronkowski). I have cautious optimism for Marrone and Whaley as they seem to be making very smart moves so far with who was cut. We'll see what happens in free agency. I'd be surprised if we let Levitre go as he the most durable and consistent lineman we have on the team. I read in another thread about pass rush, and this was more of a function of a defensive coordinator stuck in the 80's. Pettine will get a lot more out of our guys, but he needs a cover corner to make it work. This is as important if not more important than LB's. I know our lb's suck, but Pettine's scheme relies on excellent corners to amke it work.

You never trade your first round pick..Plain and simple..You do build your stack of picks for the following year. The 49ers are doing what tha Pats have done for the last decade, taking control of their personnel.

And that is why both of these teams will continue to be good for years to come. They first ahve excellent front offices, then excellent coaches, and oh by the way fantastic QB's. And we are......

We have to heop and pray we have made better front office decisions, coaching, and now find a QB. We're wasting our time until this is done.