Coach K is the worst

So Mr. I get all of the calls and berate the refs at every opportunity is mad his team got stomped by the UVA Cavaliers last night.

Now he's flaming everyone over the fans storming the court? Quit crying you baby.

Everyone knows UVA is going to storm the court, and IIRC there have not been any injuried over "courtstorming"

Can't stand this SOB............GO HEELS!

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

in all four of dukes losses this season, the opposing fans have stormed the court - get over yourselves, its just Duke, theres no need to have a parade and burn the city because you won a basketball game

coach K is one of the (read: the best) best basketball coaches to ever live - and as you see in the espn story, he stated MULTIPLE TIMES about how great a win it was for virginia's program - and that storming the court is fine, just let the players/coaches get to the locker room so they are not injured in the chaos -

"thats great, you should storm the court, burn benches, I dont care" - he's a concerned coach looking out for his players and coaching staff well being - how easily a drunk college !@#$ could storm the court, punch him in the face, or worse, take out a knee of one of his players who is lost for the season

storming courts should be reserved for MONUMENTAL wins - not your average, run of the mill upsets...

(hate to disagree with ya Ryan, does not happen often haha)

dukes won 17 of 18 vs UVA IIRC. it's a big deal.

and to boot, none of those future Physicians or Lawmen are hurting anyone FWIW.

UVA is the bowtie/wine and cheese country.

im a huge UNC fan who feels Coach K gets all the calls always (same for Peyton Manning for a long time)

he knows the courtstorming is gonna happen, should just leave the 5 scrubs on the court and make everyone else go to locker room before final buzzer.

I love to hate on the dukies. nothing pleases me more, I don't know if you caught coach K's bitter rant after Maryland beat em also.

coach K your recipient of the "GET OFF MY LAWN" for 2013.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Don't see how it can be implemented practically, but he's right.

The SEC has already implemented it. Fines for storming the court. So far, no one has broken the rule.

While that is a little extreme, it has worked.

Coach K (the greatest coach alive right now) is correct. Allowing college kids to storm the court before the other team is off is a recipe for disaster.

he is to a degree, but it's a bunch of excited 18 year olds just jumping up and down and saying WOOOOOOOOOOOOO, it's part of collegiate sports IMO.

And you dont see where a problem could arise from that? A kid got in his face last night. It has already happened.

He's not saying to ban it completely, all he's saying is to make sure the other team is off the court first. It's a good idea.

Edited by DrDareustein

The SEC has already implemented it. Fines for storming the court. So far, no one has broken the rule.

While that is a little extreme, it has worked.

Coach K (the greatest coach alive right now) is correct. Allowing college kids to storm the court before the other team is off is a recipe for disaster.

Fines for who, the school or individual students? Same rule in place for football and does it have the same result? Comparing SEC BB to ACC BB isn't exactly apples to apples.

ripping down the goal posts USED to be part of college football until it was deemed unsafe and not allowed - it can be prevented, mace those little drunk co-eds : )

the bottom line is: coach K is well within his right to voice his concern over safety, every time they lose its an earth shattering event where college kids storm the court....

and as a duke fan, I disagree he gets all the calls : )

if its a recipe for disaster then why have there been no accounts of anything of substance that has happened at a courtstorming?

i would agree if anything happened, but IIRC with 20 courtstormings i have watched, its all just fun and games and youngsters hopping around.

i like it personally, but I liked Stevie's happy new year and why so serious also unlike a ton here.

Fines for who, the school or individual students? Same rule in place for football and does it have the same result? Comparing SEC BB to ACC BB isn't exactly apples to apples.

The school. Regardless of the conference, it has motivated the schools to provide the proper security to prevent it.

The school. Regardless of the conference, it has motivated the schools to provide the proper security to prevent it.

What about football? Have the results been the same (no field storming)?

Reason I ask is because proper security would mean a guard every 2-3 feet ringing the entire court.

If you wait for permission you're not really storming the court. Storming the court is a farce now. Happens all the time and its clearly premeditated. Its not even close to being that once in a decade, spontaneous overflow of emotion where everyone suddenly decides to follow the lone nutjob that runs onto the playing surface.

What about football? Have the results been the same (no field storming)?

I dont know, dont really care.

I dont agree with getting rid of it completely. Just giving the other team a minute to get off the playing area.

edit: and it hasnt been 100%. Skip Bayless just mentioned Vanderbilt was fined $25,000 in 2002 for storming the court. Again, dont really care. Let the kids storm if they want to, just secure the other team.

Edited by DrDareustein

if its a recipe for disaster then why have there been no accounts of anything of substance that has happened at a courtstorming?

i would agree if anything happened, but IIRC with 20 courtstormings i have watched, its all just fun and games and youngsters hopping around.

i like it personally, but I liked Stevie's happy new year and why so serious also unlike a ton here.

the issue was (for coach K) that they stormed the court, and have been, way too soon - in the past they have been able to get players and coaches at least to the "tunnel" - last night they were on the court instantly - and im all for preventative measures instead of waiting for a player to be lost for the season due to a drunk fan..."just because it hasent happened in the past" is not a good enough reason to NOT act

and for the record, I loved stevies why so serious and happy new year messages...the NFL cries to much

the issue was (for coach K) that they stormed the court, and have been, way too soon - in the past they have been able to get players and coaches at least to the "tunnel" - last night they were on the court instantly - and im all for preventative measures instead of waiting for a player to be lost for the season due to a drunk fan..."just because it hasent happened in the past" is not a good enough reason to NOT act

and for the record, I loved stevies why so serious and happy new year messages...the NFL cries to much

I liked Stevie's celebrations too. I dont have anything against storming the court.

However, a coach was on Mike & Mike this morning discussing when he lost a star player for the year due to a court storming. So it has happened, regardless if Ryan personally witnessed it or not.

Protect the visiting team. Simple as that.

I liked Stevie's celebrations too. I dont have anything against storming the court.

However, a coach was on Mike & Mike this morning discussing when he lost a star player for the year due to a court storming. So it has happened, regardless if Ryan personally witnessed it or not.

Protect the visiting team. Simple as that.

agreed, that was my point, and more importantly that was coach K's point - storm the court, great, fine, burn down the city - but get the other team out of there first

if these schools didnt just suck at life and would win games regularly, there would be no reason to ever storm the court...."yayyy we suck forever, but look at us now, we won a game!!!!"

If anyone saw the Duke vs. UNC game a few weeks ago, Coach K specifically went out of his way at the end of the game to inform his crowd not to rush the court until UNC was off the court.

If he was just being a sore loser that would be one thing but he's always been a class act that practices what he preaces.

I think it is smart. I am sure there have been minor injuries and/or verbal altercations between some drunked up home team fans and the opposing players during these situations but theyve never been nationally talked about. All i see is a coach looking out for the safety of his players. Nothing wrong with that.