A conclusion on Scott Chandler

hooper

TE is a position that is over the past ten years has exploded in terms of importance. So when it comes to S.Chandler and the Bills, the view seems to be mixed. He is a big target at 6-7 260, his numbers have improved each year over the past few seasons. However many seem to still not be 'sold' oh Chandler, much of this doubt seems warranted, but how much of the blame is to be placed on the sub par QB play? I think Chandler with a better QB could be in the top tier of TE's in the league. What do you think? Check out this link, it may help you come to your own decision.

http://www.footballo...rs.com/stats/te

In terms of caught balls this past season, Syracuse had slightly less than %15 caught by tight ends, the Bills last season were not too far from that same number. I think however that is not a reflection of Chandlers effectiveness, but more a reflection of Fitz inaccuracy. Regardless it will be interesting to see how the new OC uses Chandler, or if the FO brings someone in to compete with him.

Chandler would have better numbers if he played in all 16 games as well. Because of the seriousness of his injury, he's all ready projected to miss some time next year as well. He is big, strong, has good hands but is far from being an elite pass catcher or blocker. Aside from the injury though, I would describe him as a steady dependable player.

We need another solid TE. I really think our passing game would be better with bigger stronger pass catchers. I don't think we had a healthy receiving core the entire season because they are all small and/or injury prone.

Edited by Rockinon

Who the heck is that basketball player we have already ? Maybe he was on the PS. ?

Caussin has been injured and may not make it this season but we had another i thought who was a hopeful with some coaching up already on the Bills.

Edited by 3rdand12

Yup...Nathaniel hackett runs a "west coast"" offense...thats why im making a case for barkley..he will fit perfectly in this scheme

He would.

Didn't AP come back for the 1st game after being injured late in the previous year? Why not Chandler?

Rumors that the Bills are cutting ties with David Nelson and coupled with the cutting of Donald Jones and Chandler possibly the whole season leave the team short in the skill positions. The Bills with 6 draft picks, having resign their free agents and limited amount of money for other teams free agents will have to be very careful. They need help at QB, WR, ILB and DB. That does not factor in a new TE. The next 2 months will be very interesting.