A conclusion on Scott Chandler

hooper

TE is a position that is over the past ten years has exploded in terms of importance. So when it comes to S.Chandler and the Bills, the view seems to be mixed. He is a big target at 6-7 260, his numbers have improved each year over the past few seasons. However many seem to still not be 'sold' oh Chandler, much of this doubt seems warranted, but how much of the blame is to be placed on the sub par QB play? I think Chandler with a better QB could be in the top tier of TE's in the league. What do you think? Check out this link, it may help you come to your own decision.

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/te

In terms of caught balls this past season, Syracuse had slightly less than %15 caught by tight ends, the Bills last season were not too far from that same number. I think however that is not a reflection of Chandlers effectiveness, but more a reflection of Fitz inaccuracy. Regardless it will be interesting to see how the new OC uses Chandler, or if the FO brings someone in to compete with him.

While Walker has that explosiveness that Chandler lacks, he also lead the 49ers in drops last year with 11. However he is great as a run blocker and can certainly be flexed out to the slot, but with paying Chandler 3 mil this season, I can't see Walker coming here.

Edited by hooper

Chandler is injured and will miss lot of time next season the bills better pick up a TE at least equal to chandlers ability or better if not....uggggh...oh boy we all know a pass catching TE is a Qb security blanket especially if we have a rookie Qb under the helm

Edited by Hotpockets28

@Maddog69, I agree, the question is who? Is there a FA that really seems to fit? or draft? Assuming the Bills are not planning on taking a TE in the early rounds I wouldn't mind seeing someone like Mychal Rivera out of Tenn, 6-3, 240lbs, this guy is quick and athletic and has solid receiving ability's.

TE is a position that is over the past ten years has exploded in terms of importance. So when it comes to S.Chandler and the Bills, the view seems to be mixed. He is a big target at 6-7 260, his numbers have improved each year over the past few seasons. However many seem to still not be 'sold' oh Chandler, much of this doubt seems warranted, but how much of the blame is to be placed on the sub par QB play? I think Chandler with a better QB could be in the top tier of TE's in the league. What do you think? Check out this link, it may help you come to your own decision.

http://www.footballo...rs.com/stats/te

In terms of caught balls this past season, Syracuse had slightly less than %15 caught by tight ends, the Bills last season were not too far from that same number. I think however that is not a reflection of Chandlers effectiveness, but more a reflection of Fitz inaccuracy. Regardless it will be interesting to see how the new OC uses Chandler, or if the FO brings someone in to compete with him.

More than once Chandler has dropped passes right off the numbers,outside the red zone. He is a mediocre blocker at best.

That said he's probably the best Bills TE in the past 10 years. They need a stud. His ceiling is real close right now.

I also think Chris Gragg out of Arkansas could be a solid late round pick, he had lots of injury's this past season but he's a quick TE.

More than once Chandler has dropped passes right off the numbers,outside the red zone. He is a mediocre blocker at best.

That said he's probably the best Bills TE in the past 10 years. They need a stud. His ceiling is real close right now.

No doubt he dropped too many easy ones, but especially the second half of the season, I remember sooo many passes being thrown at the ground or just wildly off target, and when a guy is 6-7 and the QB misses that badly, that makes me think a guy can improve.

Edited by hooper

Ugh I didn't realize his injury was that bad.

well chandler tored his acl and had surgery....im guessing unless he has a ""Ray lewis type of magic lotion potion"" he will miss about or atleast around two months next season thats like 8 games....half a season Edited by Hotpockets28

The folks on Sirius NFL Radio were saying that Buffalo is a West Coast Offense now and the TE needs are different for that. Is that true? Is Buffalo a West Coast Offense. I know that was Paul Hackett's gig, but I didn't notice anyone at OBD saying that was the offensive scheme. Is that what he ran at Syracuse?

Chandler is injured and will miss lot of time next season the bills better pick up a TE at least equal to chandlers ability or better if not....uggggh...oh boy we all know a pass catching TE is a Qb security blanket especially if we have a rookie Qb under the helm

Dustin Keller is a free agent. I don't know how much they have left but Kevin Boss was cut from Kansas City as was Dave Thomas from New Orleans.

The folks on Sirius NFL Radio were saying that Buffalo is a West Coast Offense now and the TE needs are different for that. Is that true? Is Buffalo a West Coast Offense. I know that was Paul Hackett's gig, but I didn't notice anyone at OBD saying that was the offensive scheme. Is that what he ran at Syracuse?

They have said the offense run by Hackett at Syracuse uses some parts of the West Coast offense.

Yup...Nathaniel hackett runs a "west coast"" offense...thats why im making a case for barkley..he will fit perfectly in this scheme

Chandler's 43 receptions were the most by a Bills' TE since Reimersma had 53 back in 2001.

Jordan Reed would be a solid pick, has the size at 6'3, fast and catches the ball like Gates(SD) Davis(SF) and Hernandez(NE) plays like a basketball player, similar to how these others do. However he lacks the size (weight wise) at only 236 and is a sub par run blocker and a down right awful pass blocker.....Still would be happy with this pick.