My best shot at the Bills Offseason

....lybob

This is what I hope to see from the off-season:

First up, Free Agency. Last year we went all out for Mario and I think we will reap further benefits from that this year. I also believe that getting Pettine as the DC will pay dividends for us.

FA's on Defense - Connor Barwin/OLB, re-sign Jairus Byrd, Brad Jones/ILB

FA's on Offense - Re-sign Levitre or make a run at Louis Vasquez,, Delanie Walker/TE

Draft:

1. Jarvis Jones / OLB / Georgia

2. Terrance Williams / WR / Baylor

3. Will Davis / CB / Utah St.

4. Kiko Alonso / ILB / Oregon

5. Marcus Davis / WR / Virginia Tech

6. Blaize Foltz / G / TCU

Because we'd be in the same position as last year.....having zero LBs that can cover me, with my feet tied together. I'm all for building up the OL. Signing Levitre and drafting Warmack would be be amazing for the OL, but only drafting pass rushing LBs would be a mistake. We NEED 1 or 2 LBs that can cover. Barnett and Scott got dominated last year on 3rd downs. Replacing them with guys that can cover is paramount IMO.

I like your point. I will expand some of my thought to it.

Often times we faced teams on 3rd and >5. They would kill the pass play and run right over Shepherd and to Scott and Barnett. They knew they could pick up a 1st when it was that short just attacking those 3 because the rest of the unit could not maintain a hold allowing the other 3 to make plays. Shepherd got mugged. Could not get to position. Barnett got out played physically and knocked around while Scott was totally overmayched and miss utilized.

If we had a better defense to make them 3rd and 8+ we would fair a lot better. We would be able to hold them... provided we can cover.

Edited by jboyst62

my best shot at the Bills offseason

Draft

1st Eric Fisher OT

2nd Justin Hunter WR

3rd E.J. Manuel QB

4th Alvin Bailey OG

5th DeVonte Holloman OLB

6th Kiko Alonso ILB

FA Big names -Laron Landry SS, Aqib Talib CB , Jared Cook TE

Starters

OL - LT Eric Fisher, LG Cordy Glenn, C Eric Woods , RG Kraig Urbik, RT Chris Hairston

QB Tarvaris Jackson/EJ Manuel (Jackson gets 4-6 games to impress or Manuel goes in and plays the rest)

RB CJ Spiller

TE Scott Chandler, Jared Cook (Bills base set is two TEs)

WR Stevie Johnson, David Nelson/ Justin Hunter ( if Hunter shows he starts)

DL- LDE Mario Williams , DT Marcell Dareus, DT Kyle Williams, RDE Jarron Gilbert

LB- DeVonte Holloman OLB, Kiko Alonso ILB, Nigel Bradham OLB

CB- Stephon Gilmore, Aqib Talib

S- Laron Landry SS, Aaron Williams FS

Notes: Fitz will be cut not for cap savings this year but for savings next year- I see a boon or bust 2013 with either the Bills in the playoff race or looking at a top five draft pick.

The Bills will bring back either Byrd or Levitre i believe, maybe both.

Aaron Williams at FS is a nightmare. He can not cover and as shown little to no ability to be a run stoper as well.

LB core is horrible. You saw first hand last year what a talented rookie looks like at LB in Bradham. Makes some plays but also is out of place often. You need atleast one proven Vet at LB. If you want to go young fine, but you need a Bart Scott to help them learn and get them in position.

TJax or Fitz- who cares they both are average at best. Maybe Manuel can be the next R. Wilson? If not the Bills will fo rsure be looking at a top 5 pick with that line up.

The Bills will bring back either Byrd or Levitre i believe, maybe both.

Aaron Williams at FS is a nightmare. He can not cover and as shown little to no ability to be a run stoper as well.

LB core is horrible. You saw first hand last year what a talented rookie looks like at LB in Bradham. Makes some plays but also is out of place often. You need atleast one proven Vet at LB. If you want to go young fine, but you need a Bart Scott to help them learn and get them in position.

TJax or Fitz- who cares they both are average at best. Maybe Manuel can be the next R. Wilson? If not the Bills will fo rsure be looking at a top 5 pick with that line up.

Bradham had a very poor rookie season compared to, say, Lavonte David.

top 5 draft pick...you've considerably down graded the team.

Terrible

Just terrible

Only real comment is that Williams is not a FS. That'd be a disaster.

I hate it

LOL- some of you guys are harsh - after watching the combine I'd say Manuel in the 3rd round is a pipe dream- Nassib on the other hand is likely to be there.