change my mind/ what drives you bananas?

The are two things being said over and over again in comment sections On various different sites and atleast one on TBD that are driving me bananas.

These sites i understand are made for discussing and giving opinions. Many that i agree with, some not so much, and others that made me join because i just had to be able to say something :)

One- please do not use the words there are no good QB's in this years draft or anything to that nature! This is driving me crazy, unless you can see into the future there is truly no way to say that with certainty. Yes, you can make and educated guess. Or it may be your opinion wich is great! You may or may not be correct. But please word it as an opinion and not a matter of fact.

The second?(not sure that i have seen this one on TBD yet, but i am sure it will come up). Strength or difficulty of schedule! This is also an argument that drives me crazy. I wish all media would remove this entire conversation out of their shows and columns completely. Once again you can have an opinion or make and educated guess, or even a guess based on statistics. However, those statistics are last years, and in the coming year mean nothing! Teams change year to year, even week to week. Last years bottom dwellers can become this years top seed. Besides it is the NFL. Every team should be difficult to play against anyway! They are pro athletes :)

Ok.....I am done rambling for now. Go ahead!........change my mind! Good luck with that!( I am one stubborn female:)) And hey.....while we are at it......what arguments drive you crazy?

Edited by buffalobillsgrl

I totaly agree with you!!!!! I mean how in the world can ppl say there are no good qbs in this draft class......i mean how can you predict that....if so if you can then how come russel wilson fell to the 3rd round...i will take RW over rglll any day out the week... Rglll is too reckless to last in this league even though he is awsome to watch...as for strength of sched...i dont believe in that bs....i say whatever team wants it the most on sundays thats the team that comes out with the victory

Edited by Hotpockets28

There are really 3 things to change your mind on:

1. The incoming QB class: The body of work just doesn't justify the hype of previous years. Even the best guy, Geno Smith, got his clock cleaned and looked horrible in his Bowl game. There's no 1 guy who dominated or was consistent all year. Will they be good a good pro? Maybe, but there's less evidence in their college career, so less hype.

2. Opinions - I rarely say "IMO" or "IMHO", because, obviously it's my opinion. These are all opinions and I think it weakens an assertion to say "IMHO". Am I right? Doesn't matter. It's all banter.

3. Strength schedule - I hear you, but we know NE is going to be tough next year....and wish we could play Jacksonville 16 times every year. It doesn't mean everything, but it's not meaningless.

How'd I do?

Edited by JPS

Well, I'm not sure what would change your mind, but...

1. "No good QBs" just means that compared to most years, the QBs in this draft aren't projected to do as well. It's usually easier to identify someone who isn't going to be that good than someone who likely will. Or more simply, it's easier to tell if someone will probably suck than if someone will probably be good.

So you're right, it's really just an educated guess based on evidence. No one can tell for sure how any QB will develop. But that doesn't change the fact that there are no highly touted QBs in the draft.

When people are saying there are no good QBs in the draft, that means there doesn't seem to be any that NFL teams are drooling over. And that certainly seems to be the case.

If you are claiming the opposite, that there are good QBs in the draft, please tell us which ones!

2. Strength of schedule has already been debunked as a meaningful stat. You're right, the differences between the teams in the NFL is marginal. I don't think many people point to SoS as evidence of anything going forward. In very general terms, the NFL tries to create even more parity by pitting similar teams against each other using previous records as a guideline. It doesn't mean much, but it's the most fair way to do so.

I can't try to argue SoS is meaningful because I don't think it is, and it's pretty well understood already that it isn't.

I maintain, the weak qb class statement is way overrated.

Last weak qb class (didnt have a guy go #1, only one other guy late in the first).... Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco.

This class is just missing a guy that can be described as "once in a generation" by the hype machine like they do almost every year. Unless you have the #1 pick you have no shot at that guy anyway.

There are really 3 things to change your mind on:

1. The incoming QB class: The body of work just doesn't justify the hype of previous years. Even the best guy, Geno Smith, got his clock cleaned and looked horrible in his Bowl game. There's no 1 guy who dominated or was consistent all year. Will they be good a good pro? Maybe, but there's less evidence in their college career, so less hype.

2. Opinions - I rarely say "IMO" or "IMHO", because, obviously it's my opinion. These are all opinions and I think it weakens an assertion to say "IMHO". Am I right? Doesn't matter. It's all banter.

3. Strength schedule - I hear you, but we know NE is going to be tough next year....and wish we could play Jacksonville 16 times every year. It doesn't mean everything, but it's not meaningless.

How'd I do?

Not bad :) But if anything is right in this world.....NE will not be tough to beat anymore. I am so sick of them! It is time for them to go back to the bottom of the food chain. where they were years ago

I maintain, the weak qb class statement is way overrated.

Last weak qb class (didnt have a guy go #1, only one other guy late in the first).... Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco.

This class is just missing a guy that can be described as "once in a generation" by the hype machine like they do almost every year. Unless you have the #1 pick you have no shot at that guy anyway.

My choice( and is all opinion) Is dysert. later rounds. I think he would need to develop, with makes me not overly opposed to TJax and Fitz for a short term answer.

Quick. Your choice, would you rather play the NFC South (Tampa, Carolina, Atlanta, New Orleans) or the NFC North (Pack, Bears, Vikes, Lions)? If you have any opinion, SoS matters.

Actually I think your theoretical here supports buffalobillsgrl's point more than it does a contrary point.

It's certainly not clear cut that one of these divisions will be stronger than the other one next year.

Maybe i should change the name of the thread to Pease Stop with the............ It may be more fun to see what other arguments drive people bananas

Quick. Your choice, would you rather play the NFC South (Tampa, Carolina, Atlanta, New Orleans) or the NFC North (Pack, Bears, Vikes, Lions)?

If you have any opinion, SoS matters.

My point exactly! Ask me next year after The season is done so i can see how well they played.......then i will answer :)

All's i'm saying is from what i saw in the senior bowl you can call it what ever you want lack of talent , weak QB class, project players, what ever ..

But if you put lip stick on a pig it's still a pig !! :w00t:

And from what i saw it ain't much to brag about that is coming out in this years class !!

But then again Jamarcus Russel was all the hype when he came out, so this year i guess you could fall into a pile of S**t & come out smelling like a rose , any thing is possible !!

One- please do not use the words there are no good QB's in this years draft or anything to that nature! This is driving me crazy, unless you can see into the future there is truly no way to say that with certainty. Yes, you can make and educated guess. Or it may be your opinion wich is great! You may or may not be correct. But please word it as an opinion and not a matter of fact.

I'm with you on this....it is driving me crazy as well.

Though I don't know for sure.....the term "weak QB draft" seems to be generally referring to the fact that there are no "franchise" QB prospects. It doesn't mean that there are no legitimate 1st round graded QBs in this draft. Smith, Barkley, Wilson....all are being touted at this point as legitimate 1st rounders.

We have the #8 pick....not a top 4 pick. It should matter not to a Bills fan that there are no true "franchise" QB prospects in this draft.....they are always selected in the top 4 draft slots.

What should matter is how many legitimate 1st round graded QBs there are in this draft. As far as I can see there will be 3-4.....and we'll know better after the combine.

Assuming that there are 3, that means that for a team who needs a good QB prospect.......who doesn't have a top 4 pick........that this draft is actually a better one to be drafting in than one where there are 3 1st round graded QBs but 2 of them are considered "franchise" QBs. We have a much better chance to not only get a 1st round graded QB.....but to chose the one we prefer.

My choice( and is all opinion) Is dysert. later rounds. I think he would need to develop, with makes me not overly opposed to TJax and Fitz for a short term answer.

How someone can say that they would be okay with either Fitz or T.J. being the starting QB of this team is something I find mind boggling.

Teams that already have their QB in place take chances on guys in later rounds to see if they develop. Teams that are in desperate need of a young QB to make them relevant should not.

Can we as a franchise stop trying to reinvent the wheel and just do what other teams have been doing? Take a QB early (first 2 rounds) and play the kid. You don't learn by sitting on the bench anymore. You learn by getting in the game and having success and making mistakes.

I could be wrong JPS, but I don't think the OP meant posters like yourself.

I think she was referring to posters who act like their opinion is actually a fact.

How someone can say that they would be okay with either Fitz or T.J. being the starting QB of this team is something I find mind boggling.

Teams that already have their QB in place take chances on guys in later rounds to see if they develop. Teams that are in desperate need of a young QB to make them relevant should not.

Can we as a franchise stop trying to reinvent the wheel and just do what other teams have been doing? Take a QB early (first 2 rounds) and play the kid. You don't learn by sitting on the bench anymore. You learn by getting in the game and having success and making mistakes.

I am ok with it not because i think either of these will be our franchise QB, but because we have to have a QB to play(fact). I hope we end up drafting a QB that can come right out and start......but until that happens.....Do we really have a choice? No! We have to have a QB to play plain and simple.

also, if the kid you draft is physically and mentally ready to start......then start him! But not all players are the same....some need time to develop, learn, get used to the workouts, terminology, or whatever else is different in the NFL. No need to be in a hurry to throw them in there have it be a horrible experience and permantly damage what they could have been given time.

I could be wrong JPS, but I don't think the OP meant posters like yourself.

I think she was referring to posters who act like their opinion is actually a fact.

yes i was :)......i dont mind opinions at all. I just prefer that they be worded as such. Not as this is the final word, proven fac,t variety of wording.

All this theres no "" franchise qb in this draft"" is a load of bs....if geno smith stayed hot like he was playing earlier in the season he would be considered a ""franchise qb"" if matt barkley played like he did in 2011 he,would be considered a "" franchise qb prospect aswell"" ...even though barkley still played awsome this season 3,ooo+plus yards 36 tds 15 picks........so all this theres no franchise qb hoopla is bs.......btw matt barkley is far better then any other qbs in this draft and is the most polished qb by far by a mile.....he will definitely turn into a franchise qb for whatever team selects him....i just just hope is us...marrone/hackett west coast offense fits barkley perfectly

Edited by Hotpockets28

I also get tired of hearing about how terrible the QB's are in this year's draft. I would say that the QB class this year is not very thrilling, but you never know.

The strength of schedule term is overused and is more hype than proof of anything.

As for other topics that drive me "bananas", I would have go with the topics on Bills fans lamenting an all the players the Bills could have had. That drives me crazy. Move on and get over it already.

I also get tired of hearing about how terrible the QB's are in this year's draft. I would say that the QB class this year is not very thrilling, but you never know.

The strength of schedule term is overused and is more hype than proof of anything.

As for other topics that drive me "bananas", I would have go with the topics on Bills fans lamenting an all the players the Bills could have had. That drives me crazy. Move on and get over it already.

or wanting every player that becomes a free agent? lol