NFL Salaries broken down by position and team

NoSaint

Can select any offensive and/or defensive unit around the league and it shows spending at each position group on that unit, league rank for spending on offense, defense and special teams, etc... not sure how accurate but interesting to get a feel for how money is allocated:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/interactive/2013/jan/30/nfl-salaries-team-position?CMP=twt_gu#buffalo-bills,buffalo-bills

Pretty cool link.

I figured the Bills had way overspent on defense and they are only 8th. Didn't realize G. Wilson and Barnett made as much as they did, add in Kelsay and we could free up alot more money on FA's/rooks.

I also see there is alot of improvement to be had on offense...we are 28th and have some baggage to let go in the WR dept.

Pretty cool link.

I figured the Bills had way overspent on defense and they are only 8th. Didn't realize G. Wilson and Barnett made as much as they did, add in Kelsay and we could free up alot more money on FA's/rooks.

I also see there is alot of improvement to be had on offense...we are 28th and have some baggage to let go in the WR dept.

i dont know that i 100% trust all of the numbers and obviously no contract can be summed up by a one year cap hit, but i think its a cool way to get a broad strokes idea for sure. especially with the visual representations instead of just a wall of numbers. graphs and the bubble systems used on it make it a lot easier to digest. gives a good sense within the unit where money is, and across the league whether thats normal.

pretty solid from the bit a played with it.

Edited by NoSaint

Buffalo 8th in the NFL in spending on defense. Not surprising given the M. Williams, K. Williams, Dareus, and Anderson deals. But 28th in offensive unit spending? I'd chalk this up to Nix believing his HC (and the HC himself) believing that they could win with less and rely on scheme. That obviously didn't work.

Good stuff.

Buffalo 8th in the NFL in spending on defense. Not surprising given the M. Williams, K. Williams, Dareus, and Anderson deals. But 28th in offensive unit spending? I'd chalk this up to Nix believing his HC (and the HC himself) believing that they could win with less and rely on scheme. That obviously didn't work.

Good stuff.

a lot of rookie deals for our best on offense too - levitre, wood, glenn are all cheeeeap, chandler tho not a rookie is a good value and we dont have a FRANCHISE qb on the books (one of those 15m type guys). defense has a lot more second contract guys as its building blocks.

i generally agree that they used the more with less approach on offense, and id say they generally did get more from less.... but they had a lot less and the more only got them to average.

Edited by NoSaint