One free agent buy

jcbillsfan

Levitre and Byrd.......do those answers count? B-)

If bills have money for one free agent buy (non qb) ,who would you choose and why

For me it would either be smith cb or Spencer olb

Sean smith 6'3 corner from the dolphins. 25 years old. Would flourish in pettine system

The jets have invested heavily in corner backs partly due to their blitz heavy attack. If pettine continues to use that attack he surly needs another quality cb

Anthony Spencer dl/olb from the cowboys. Who will not be good fit for kiffins d

The team really could use a solid veteran cb to play with gilmore. There will be a lot more blitzing this year and man to man to necessary

Adding Spencer to the opposite side of Williams would give thematic dynamic front seven

Ok. Fire away

Edited by jcbillsfan

Who? More detail please. From which teams, why, what is their stats? Give us something. For me I'd love Revis for $9 mil if we could draft a solid QB. At least our defense would be punshing. I just came off NFL Radio with Bill Polian, and he raved about Marrone, and Pettine. He stated we would end up in more 3-4 than 4-3 schemes this year with indicating Dareus is much better suited for NT in a 3-4.

Tht actually wouldn't be bad with Anderson and Williams as olb, and K. Williams and Dareus on the line with maybe Carrington as the other DE. Polian also indicated we need another cover cb to make pettine's scheme work.

Smith and Spencer? Who? You picked two pretty common names

Who? More detail please. From which teams, why, what is their stats? Give us something. For me I'd love Revis for $9 mil if we could draft a solid QB. At least our defense would be punshing. I just came off NFL Radio with Bill Polian, and he raved about Marrone, and Pettine. He stated we would end up in more 3-4 than 4-3 schemes this year with indicating Dareus is much better suited for NT in a 3-4.

Tht actually wouldn't be bad with Anderson and Williams as olb, and K. Williams and Dareus on the line with maybe Carrington as the other DE. Polian also indicated we need another cover cb to make pettine's scheme work.

In assume we all know the players in question.

Perhaps you assume incorrectly. Give some details.

Your thread title could use some detail too.

In assume we all know the players in question.

I am the biggest football fan I know. I haven't missed a Bills game since the mid 1980's. I could tell you where just about any relevant football player played college. My friends always ask me the football questions during games. I have no idea who these guys are based solely on their last names.

Jimmy Smith the CB relegated to special teams duties for Baltimore? Former first round pick (out of Colorado, incidentally)? Sounds awfully similar to a CB on the Bills.

Id personally prefer Kruger or Ellerbee to Johnson, I believe I read somewhere that it was very unlikely that the Ravens have the cap space to resign both and the bump that they will both receive coming off a SB run virtually assures that. But I do agree that addressing the LB position in FA is a goid idea.

If I had to choose only one move to be made in FA however it would 100% be signing D. Bowe. We lack a big physical "throw it up and let him get it" #1 WR. Bowe would take some attention off Stevie and allow us to move him around and into the slot more where I believe he could be lethal. That, paired with the fact that WR is a difficult position to expect a rookie to have an immediate impact unless you find a AJ Green or Julio Jones would make me lean toward WR in FA and fouble up on LBs in the draft.