Another "Sirius" Question

I remember seeing a commercial with Elton John walking around with an XM radio "walkman".

Anyway know if they make one for Sirius. I can't get to Sirius's website from here (must be all flash). Anyway, anyone know the name of it?

195783[/snapback]

Steve, I have Sirius also and I don't believe that they have a "walkman" yet. I have noticed though that the new radios are smaller than the one I have in my truck. I believe the walkman is in the works though. No link, I just remember reading it somewhere.

I'm a little confused with this thing...

http://www.planetminidisc.com/xs028.html

It says "headphones included" but most sites describe is as basically a batter backup or charger.

195803[/snapback]

It looks like something portable. Otherwise it wouldn't have the antenna attached. Looks a little too bulky to jog with or exercise with though.

You apparently don't know me well. :D

No, I just want something for work.

195815[/snapback]

If you want something for work then you have two choices. You can get the boombox which isn't that big. Or you can listen through your computer. The government computers have every block and firewall imaginable but I am listening to it right now.

If you want something for work then you have two choices. You can get the boombox which isn't that big. Or you can listen through your computer. The government computers have every block and firewall imaginable but I am listening to it right now.

195826[/snapback]

Guess I'll look into the boombox...

I can't even get onto Sirius's front page.

Guess I'll look into the boombox...

I can't even get onto Sirius's front page.

195910[/snapback]

Does it partially load? Mine does that too. If it does that click on the first link at the very bottom of the page. This should open up and maybe you can go from there. On my computer at work I get a "backgroud" and nothing else but the words at the bottom.

NEW YORK and LAS VEGAS, NV – January 6, 2005 - SIRIUS Satellite Radio (NASDAQ: SIRI) today announced at the Consumer Electronics Show in Las Vegas the introduction of a new digital control unit, called Starbase, which allows any vehicle radio to connect with SIRIUS.

Starbase makes it possible for consumers who do not have a satellite-ready radio in their vehicles to connect to SIRIUS when the unit is combined with SIRIUS’ new trunk mounted satellite radio receiver – SiriusConnect – and an antenna.

The slim unit allows mounting in single din slots of vehicles, or with Velcro to the car dashboard. It also includes a built-in FM modulator that can connect the unit wirelessly to an existing radio over as many as 100 available channels.

"Combined with our new SiriusConnect trunk mounted receiver, Starbase provides a complete end-to-end system for connecting to SIRIUS regardless of what vehicle a consumer drives," said Larry Pesce, Senior Vice President of Product Management and Strategic Planning. "Consumers who do not have satellite radio, but don’t want to change their car radios, now have another option to listen to SIRIUS’ 100-percent commercial-free music, plus news, weather, traffic, entertainment, and the best sports programming in satellite radio."

Starbase is currently available at retail locations at a suggested price of $169.95.