Justified season 4

I enjoy the threads about the shows I like, trying to see if i can get one going for one of my favorite shows out there Justified. season premier on FX at 10pm on tuesday.

I see some of the new cast will be Patton Oswalt and varied "bad guys"

http://www.cinemable...Cast-50527.html

i know the shows not as popular as the others that have threads, but i have a few friends who all love it.

expect more awesomeness from Boyd Crowder is all i can read from early reports.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked Season 3 (I'm a Neal McDonough fan) but there was the inevitable let down after the outstanding Season 2 story line, which had one of the great villains in TV history, Mags Bennett (Margo Martindale). Great acting but as a character-driven show, it will rise and fall with them as well.

agree, Mags Bennett can't be topped, much like Dexter with John Lithgow as the trinity killer.

Quarles and Wynn Duffy were an amusing bad guy tandem. I hear the Mags Bennett "apple pie" is taking off as a popular cocktail.

I could listen to Boyd Crowder's sermons all day though......that guy cracks me up. Here's to another good season. :beer:

I haven't seen this show... but they are crazy about it on the Howard Stern show

strongly endorse especially seasons 1 and 2. just a show you have to watch to enjoy, can't explain it just some bad a$$ characters. cop show but with some clint eastwoodish moments all over.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Still getting it done....Walton goggins as Boyd has got to be the best bad guy on tv in years.

Episode feels more like a movie than a tv show.

Patton Oswalt as Bob and his ridiculous car are welcome additions to the show...good start to the season

Edited by Ryan L Billz

i need something to fill in my tv show void....new seasons of shameless and being human begin this weekend, but i have to wait a week between those episodes...this will be a nice saturday/sunday couch fest....

Nice.....pm me if ya have any questions about the show....

Welcome to Harlan County Pooj. You'll know what that means soon enough

It's a good show. This first episode of season 4 seems to have been set up so that new viewers could join in without really needing to have seen the first three seasons. There wasn't any sort of "Previously, on 'Justified'" and they introduced a new guy with Boyd's army buddy and the new story with "Waldo Truth". I don't watch "Sons of Anarchy" (I watched the pilot but wasn't moved to continue - maybe I'll get around to it later) and I'm still a bit upset at FX for cancelling "Terriers" and "Lights Out" but "Justified" is probably the best show in that tier just below the greats ("The Wire", "Mad Men", "Breaking Bad" & "Boardwalk Empire"). I'd even put it above "Dexter" and whatever "Homeland" has become. But that's just me.

Speaking of "Dexter", I think my favorite Raylan moment was when he shot Desmond Harrington (Joey Quinn on "Dexter") by pulling on the tablecloth to bring the pistol over to his side of the table. Nice work, Raylan!

one of my favorite shows. i thought the first episode was pretty good but not one of the best. i don't live that far from harlan (and there are several mining towns that look just like harlan does in the show's intro) so some of the characters seem vaguely familiar (cariacatures, of course and greatly over generalized). love the music. they played "you'll never leave harlan alive" one episode which really captures the coal mining life in the area. if you like the show, have a listen.

Agree and welcome to the thread hops guy.....your my favorite poster in regards to TV show recaps etc.

If I had to make a list and throw the wire out just because its not currently running anymore, it would be very similar. I gotta put justified second just because Mad Men is so amazing. (and I do love some Joan Holloway!)

1. Mad Men 2. Justified 3. Boardwalk 4. Breaking Bad (would like it more but seems theres not enough of it, hate the fact its ending soon) 5ish Dexter, Homeland, Treme.

The new characters and the Waldo Truth storyline have me hooked already.....his daddy's story is gonna be something.

heres a great link for show recaps on grantland.com

http://www.grantland.com/blog/hollywood-prospectus/post/_/id/65004/justified-season-4-episode-1-hole-in-the-wall

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Agree and welcome to the thread hops guy.....your my favorite poster in regards to TV show recaps etc.

If I had to make a list and throw the wire out just because its not currently running anymore, it would be very similar. I gotta put justified second just because Mad Men is so amazing. (and I do love some Joan Holloway!)

1. Mad Men 2. Justified 3. Boardwalk 4. Breaking Bad (would like it more but seems theres not enough of it, hate the fact its ending soon) 5ish Dexter, Homeland, Treme.

The new characters and the Waldo Truth storyline have me hooked already.....his daddy's story is gonna be something.

heres a great link for show recaps on grantland.com

http://www.grantland...ole-in-the-wall

Thanks for the link. That's a good review and puts me in the right position to watch this season. Arlo offing the trustee should keep in a cage forever, right? I agree with the reviewer that there are lots of interesting characters on the show and I would actually like to live amongst them, assuming I had been banished to Harlan County KY.

I'm guessing that the doomed parachutist in the cold open was Waldo Trust but even if it isn't that was a pretty cool start to this season.

PS I included "The Wire" in that list probably because I'm currently re-watching the show. It shouldn't be there because, then, I'm excluding "The Sopranos" and a ton of other shows. It's just that "The Wire" had to be the best show ever, IMHO.

Thanks for the link. That's a good review and puts me in the right position to watch this season. Arlo offing the trustee should keep in a cage forever, right? I agree with the reviewer that there are lots of interesting characters on the show and I would actually like to live amongst them, assuming I had been banished to Harlan County KY.

I'm guessing that the doomed parachutist in the cold open was Waldo Trust but even if it isn't that was a pretty cool start to this season.

PS I included "The Wire" in that list probably because I'm currently re-watching the show. It shouldn't be there because, then, I'm excluding "The Sopranos" and a ton of other shows. It's just that "The Wire" had to be the best show ever, IMHO.

Your good with me on the wire.........I even loved the Frank Sobotka and the docks season. Wire is definetly number #1 no question IMO.

Episode 2. Nice work by Art, no one can ever sleep on his ole Marshall skills. I found the conversation about his employees very interesting (PTSD for Tim, marital issues for Rachel, and Raylan well you know being Raylan). The Marshalls road trip looked like a real good time, all of the characters on this show are just so real the way they were busting balls on the stakeout. Not too sure how long this church will last now that Boyd is onto them. Honorable mention to Wynn Duffy who always has to drop at least one great line in every episode. I guess this Dixie Mafia and Drew story is gonna get a little more deep.

Lines of the nite for me:

Waldo Truth kid ruffian fires up a joint in front of all the marshalls......."oh i got the glaucoma....REAL BAD"

Judd: Five seconds...

Tim (to Raylan): Hey he's stealing your bit.

Boyd: People in Harlan County still party on Friday and Saturday night, and get saved on Sunday morning.

http://tvrecaps.ew.c...on-4-episode-2/

Edited by Ryan L Billz