[closed]2009 Article On Marrone

symbiant

It's already linked in the rather large pinned thread on Marrone.

Tis' true.

Sadly, you have to go through pages of manic depressive posts about this hire to access it.

The only thing I can't get my head around was one post I read somewhere today about questions regarding Marrone and his style of play.

My buddy from Boston wrote me an email,

"You Bills fans might not like this hire...but, Bill Belichick and Tom Brady do--because, you will still finish 4th in the division!"

Sadly, he maybe right...

Edited by KollegeStudnet

And thus the problem with merging every thread of slight resemblance. :/

It's better than the alternative of 500 threads all on the same subject. SDS posted a information only thread which should serve well.

Edited by jeremy2020

Thanks for posting. This is the part of the article I like the most,

"Bill Polian, the Indianapolis Colts general manager, told Syracuse Director of Athletics Daryl Gross that if he didn’t hire Marrone, someone else would make him a head coach very soon."

Tis' true.

"You Bills fans might not like this hire...but, Bill Belichick and Tom Brady do--because, you will still finish 4th in the division!"

Sadly, he maybe right...

You could bring Vince Lombardi back from the dead to coach for the Bills and it wouldn't matter. As long as Bad Billy is "coaching" a team in the division, the other teams are playing for a wild card shot at best.

In the link, "Bill Polian, the Indianapolis Colts general manager, told Syracuse Director of Athletics Daryl Gross that if he didn’t hire Marrone, someone else would make him a head coach very soon."

So, did Bill pick our HC or did the Russ/Nix/Whaley?

You could bring Vince Lombardi back from the dead to coach for the Bills and it wouldn't matter. As long as Bad Billy is "coaching" a team in the division, the other teams are playing for a wild card shot at best.

I just want this Bills team to be relevant sometime before I die lol

Thanks for posting. This is the part of the article I like the most,

"Bill Polian, the Indianapolis Colts general manager, told Syracuse Director of Athletics Daryl Gross that if he didn’t hire Marrone, someone else would make him a head coach very soon."

Nice, you beat me to it!

A quote from another article on TBD front page:

"The Bronx native immediately set out to change the culture of the Orange program — instituting a discipline and dress code that was an abrupt departure from the previous coaching staff. More than 20 players left the SU program during Marrone’s first 15 months on the job."

I think this will be really good for the Bills. The Bills teams in the past have had really soft HCs in Jauron and Gailey. Some amount of discipline (especially when taking off plays or free lancing for others) will help mold this team. This has been one of the biggest areas of concern for the Bills. I hope Doug can turn this around and have them focused to play full 60 minutes.

That's a Bunch of CRAP!!! The Bigger they are the harder they fall.