Kevin Sumlin for HC!

jsmc247

I'd like to see the Bills express some interest in Texas A&M's Head Coach Kevin Sumlin, if possible. Has engineered explosive, high-powered offenses at Oklahoma, Houston, and now Texas A&M. I don't know if he's the right fit, but he's worth an interview.

Only if Johnnie comes with him.

Johnny is a beast but look up the name Case Keenum. He's the NCAA's all time leader passer. Guess who played for?

Honestly, there's a chance may be a better coach than Kelly. He just doesn't have the buzz. Oregon was a much better program than both Houston and Texas A &M when KS inherited them (6-6 last year with a top 10 QB). Plus, Oregon might be the richest program in the nation and Texas A & M played in the SEC this year. Sumlin is a great coach who has been coach of the year in his conference 3 out of 5 years. But he's not a media darling like Kelly. Yet.

And personally, I don't know why any coach wants to leave college in the first place for the pros. It probably comes down to ego. But KS is a damn fine coach. Johnny Football isn't putting up those #s in just any system.

Johnny is a beast but look up the name Case Keenum. He's the NCAA's all time leader passer. Guess who played for?

Honestly, there's a chance may be a better coach than Kelly. He just doesn't have the buzz. Oregon was a much better program than both Houston and Texas A &M when KS inherited them (6-6 last year with a top 10 QB). Plus, Oregon might be the richest program in the nation and Texas A & M played in the SEC this year. Sumlin is a great coach who has been coach of the year in his conference 3 out of 5 years. But he's not a media darling like Kelly. Yet.

And personally, I don't know why any coach wants to leave college in the first place for the pros. It probably comes down to ego. But KS is a damn fine coach. Johnny Football isn't putting up those #s in just any system.

+1

He's definitely a coach on the rise. It sez a lot of his coaching/leadership to transform this team into a more physical style of play for arguably the most NFL ready conference (talent wise).

He has his own style and his players respond, but like all college coaches, I'm not sure how his style would translate to the NFL. He is a disciplinarian and keeps everything in house. A&M had an issue with a WR who disappeared after the Bama win without explanation. They found him safe, but the circumstances around the incident and his subsequent dropping out of A&M have been kept quiet. He also does not use a playbook

http://www.chron.com/sports/aggies/article/No-playbook-required-for-Ags-in-Sumlin-s-4035193.php

Sumlin also cited the NCAA rule limiting coach and player interaction to 20 hours a week. "In the NFL, there's a lot more time," Sumlin said. "You have to use your time wisely … and it's hard to do that with a real thick playbook. "In fact, the Aggies don't even own a playbook. "It's something for someone to pick up and put on the Internet," Sumlin said of why not. Kingsbury added their philosophy also stems from his time under former Texas Tech coach Mike Leach in the Air Raid offense."

I wonder how people would feel about this quote if it was attributed to someone else.

Edited by San Jose Bills Fan