Al Gore, a truly principled man

Magox

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, we really don't care what you have to say.

You're speaking for everyone there sister (cue the usual suspects coming to your defense in the affirmative)?

I think not.

Why don't you go back into hiding like a little bitttch. That is what you did post-election right? So grow a sack and come back when you have something to offer the discussion besides declaratives.

And I can tell that last dig got to ya. :)

I wish I was that sensitive. I wish I cared that much about vapidity. Maybe my fiance would stop calling me cold and robotic when we argue.

^

l

l

l

l

Bloviator

:)

Indeed. :D

You know what IS 100% settled science? One day that life giving gaseous orb in the sky is going to expand and swallow the earth and there is nothing we can do about it.

You know what else is settled science? The unlimited hubris of mankind to think that whatever level of technology and presumed foresight they have achieved at any point in time is infallible.

http://www.scienceda...90617131356.htm

"To arrive at a holistic picture of the climate of the transition, the researchers merged the plant data with physical information about the state of the atmosphere and ocean taken from chemical and isotopic information in the same sediments, and compared this to computer modelling of climate in the period.

"We can see that summer temperatures on land remained relatively warm throughout the Eocene/Oligocene transition, but that the period was marked by increasing seasonality," said Dr. Greenwood.

"Mean temperatures during the coldest month dropped by five degrees Celsius, to just above freezing," he said.

"This was probably not enough to create much in the way of continental ice on East Greenland," he said, "but it did wipe out palms and other subtropical trees such as swamp cypress. They were replaced by temperate climate trees such as spruces and hemlock."

The researcher said that, nonetheless, the middle period of the transition remained fairly warm. "Hickory and walnut were still present, but these became rare in the final stages," he said.

Another HAHAHAHAHAHA.

Edited by 3rdnlng

Every other contributing problem to global warming or cooling (or whatever the flavor of the decade is), goes back to overpopulation. Let me know when ANYONE is ready to have a serious conversation about that. Or maybe you can kick it off with your own ideas on that topic?

Sure, why not?

I see two effective ways to combat overpopulation without resorting to famine, war, genocide, etc... The first is aggressive worldwide education and promotion of contraception use, particularly in developing countries. The second is the elimination of government social welfare programs, i.e. don't have kids if you can't afford them.

If these two methods don't take hold after a certain period of time, I would start looking into government taxation penalties for having children. But I'm generally not a fan of that level of government intrusion into people's private lives, so hopefully enough people wise up.

Sure, why not?

I see two effective ways to combat overpopulation without resorting to famine, war, genocide, etc... The first is aggressive worldwide education and promotion of contraception use, particularly in developing countries. The second is the elimination of government social welfare programs, i.e. don't have kids if you can't afford them.

If these two methods don't take hold after a certain period of time, I would start looking into government taxation penalties for having children. But I'm generally not a fan of that level of government intrusion into people's private lives, so hopefully enough people wise up.

l just figured out exactly where my line in the sand is.

I'm pretty sure I'll start advocating violence when my government decides to regulate my procreation.

Sure, why not?

Those aren't bad ideas per se, they just won't have any effect beyond a drop in the bucket. The problem isn't that people in the US or Europe or other civilized areas of the world are reproducing too quickly. The people who are doing all the breeding are the ones who are too poor to feed themselves (much less tax) and too ignorant and remote to be educated or to care.

The only way I see it happening is to sterilize a few billion people in the 3d world through the food and water.

Those aren't bad ideas per se, they just won't have any effect beyond a drop in the bucket. The problem isn't that people in the US or Europe or other civilized areas of the world are reproducing too quickly. The people who are doing all the breeding are the ones who are too poor to feed themselves (much less tax) and too ignorant and remote to be educated or to care.

The only way I see it happening is to sterilize a few billion people in the 3d world through the food and water.

Again, just look to Malthus.

You don't need to sterilize them, you just need to stop giving them aid. Famine and pestilence will take care of the rest.