Kevin kolb trade 18 months later

NoSaint

Revisiting it a year and a half later.....

Philly: Reid, the longest tenured coach in the nfl hitches his wagon firmly to Vick and creating the dream team. Disaster, Reid's now fired and a favorite for the job in Arizona

Seattle: allegedly offered a 1st and 3rd, missed out and used those picks on Irvin and Wilson.

Arizona: coaches fired, instead of addressing the qb position they got rid of a 2nd rounder, DRC, and they are tied to kolb questions. Interviewing Andy Reid for the HC position.

Amazing how these things can shake out. A decent backup qb reshaped the whole NFC.

Edited by NoSaint

Nice post. This is why I have to chuckle when I see a fan-whim fancy like the "Skelton for Mario???" thread.

Trades tend to have major ripple effects.

It even neglects the ties to SF at one point. I remember trade rumors on draft day 2011 that Aldon smith for kolb was possible. Instead SF got kaepernick the next day. Who knows if there was any grounding in that rumor (probably not... But just thinking out loud on that whole situation)

It even neglects the ties to SF at one point. I remember trade rumors on draft day 2011 that Aldon smith for kolb was possible. Instead SF got kaepernick the next day. Who knows if there was any grounding in that rumor (probably not... But just thinking out loud on that whole situation)

It was more to it then this. Kolb to Arizona meant Lienert and Skelton were done. Now, Vick is hurt and likely on his last legs in the NFL, doubtful to play in the NFC again.

It was more to it then this. Kolb to Arizona meant Lienert and Skelton were done. Now, Vick is hurt and likely on his last legs in the NFL, doubtful to play in the NFC again.

Yup.

And also neglects the front office changes too.

Really my biggest hope is Reid to AZ means they draft someone other than qb. I'd assume it means he'd tell the owner that qb is already settled and he could go OL potentially. Then the next domino in the trade could be "bills select....."

Edited by NoSaint